ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midwest LAB Gathering CANCELED!!!!  (Read 2700 times)

Brian Wynn

Midwest LAB Gathering CANCELED!!!!
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:17:18 PM »

Canceled!!!!!!!!!!!

The Midwest LAB gathering is canceled.  This is do to a changing of the guard at the Venue.  This problem was brought to my attention this morning.  Im sorry for the inconvenience.  We hope to reschedule a new event in early fall and hope for a outdoor Venue.

Again I'm sorry if this has caused anyone any issue's.

I'm sure it will work out better in the long run.
Brian Wynn
Broadway Music Inc.
Sounds Cool Live Audio LLC
www.soundscoolliveaudio.com
www.broawaymusicinc.com
(219) 712-7086

Too Tall (Curtis H. List)

Re: Midwest LAB Gathering CANCELED!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »

Brian Wynn wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 22:17

Canceled!!!!!!!!!!!

The Midwest LAB gathering is canceled.  This is do to a changing of the guard at the Venue.  This problem was brought to my attention this morning.  Im sorry for the inconvenience.  We hope to reschedule a new event in early fall and hope for a outdoor Venue.

Again I'm sorry if this has caused anyone any issue's.

I'm sure it will work out better in the long run.

You might look at a different type of venue.
Outdoors is a very risky choice for any kind of measurement. For listening it could be ok with no rain and little wind.

For measurement you need a high ceiling. Having a hall that is 100 feet by 60 feet, but only eight feet high you might as well measure in my bedroom.

A good height is 30 feet ceiling. That leaves a clear path with no reflections of 60 feet.
NOTE: This is a "half-space" measurement and the floor will cause a reflection, but we often measure this way since the only way to do "full-space" is to hang the speaker 30 feet up a pole!

Without going into a detailed discussion, half-space is very good for comparison and becomes even better with gating the Impulse Response and measuring ground plane.

Back to our venue, I suggest you look for a basketball gym.
With full court passes and high arching shots 30" and higher is very common. I use my churches school gym in the winter.

In the summer outdoor works for me because I can look at the weather the day before and even if it is windy reschedule, while you need six months of lead time.

The biggest worry is shoes and equipment hurting the basketball floor.

My 25 cents worth.
Too Tall
        Curtis H. List    
             Bridgeport, Mich.   
        I.A.T.S.E. Local # 274 (Gold Card)
        Lansing, Mich
Independent Live Sound Engineer (and I'm Tall Too!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.