ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terminator-Rise of Machines?...i.e. 01V96V2  (Read 3295 times)

Scott Weidenfeller

Terminator-Rise of Machines?...i.e. 01V96V2
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »

OK, at a gig on Friday and believe that my 01V may be alive and starting to take over?

1) I was setting up testing the monitors. I use my ipod in ch 15/16 to test to make sure each monitor is working and find that the aux 3 monitor isn't working. Since the keyboard player brought his 4 monitors and power amp racks to use, we spent a half hour trying to re-wire and figure out what was wrong with his rack UNTIL I realized that my 01V was sending anything on aux 3. It was too late to mess with at that point, so we went with 3 monitor sends.

2) I was using the Aux5 send through a new ADA8000 and the lead singer in ch 1 could not send a signal to aux5 for her in-ear. I switched her to ch 4 which did send correctly.

As a guy and as a rule, I don't use manuals....BUT, this 01V96 brought me to my knee's so to speak on day one. So in reading the manual last night to try to figure this out, I find that you can turn on/off channels that can send to each Aux send. WTF? Why would you just not move the slider up if you don't want signal??

In checking my board, the following were off  

Aux 1: 7
Aux 2: 48
Aux3: 1, 15,16
Aux 4: all on
Aux 5: 1,2,3,
Aux6: 18, 19
Aux7: several random ones off
Aux 8: several random ones off

If this were one or two, I would assume I fat fingered it somehow, but this many and this random??

Thoughts? Should I take an ax to my 01v before its too late??   Shocked

Ivan Beaver

Re: Terminator-Rise of Machines?...i.e. 01V96V2 Nothing new
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 09:39:53 AM »

Scott Weidenfeller wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 09:13

As a guy and as a rule, I don't use manuals....BUT, this 01V96 brought me to my knee's so to speak on day one. So in reading the manual last night to try to figure this out, I find that you can turn on/off channels that can send to each Aux send. WTF? Why would you just not move the slider up if you don't want signal??

This is nothing new.  Look at any large scale analog console-especially ones that have the eq section of an 01V, and you will see those same switches.

The reason for the switches is that you don't lose the position if you need to turn it on and off.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Tim Weaver

• http://www.weaverimaging.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »

My guess is that you are not hitting the "home" button as religiously as you should be. If you are new to the desk, this is a common mistake. you think you are doing stuff in the FOH layer, but actually it's on an aux layer and you're screwing things up. Happens a lot.....

Brian Larson

Re: Terminator-Rise of Machines?...i.e. 01V96V2
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »

Whenever I buy used or rent a digital console, the very first thing I do is find the "RESET TO FACTORY" option for this very reason.

Tim Padrick

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »

Tim Weaver wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 11:17

My guess is that you are not hitting the "home" button as religiously as you should be. If you are new to the desk, this is a common mistake. you think you are doing stuff in the FOH layer, but actually it's on an aux layer and you're screwing things up. Happens a lot.....

Highly likely I think.  These mixers are about as reliable as anything gets, so it's usually an operator goof.  Been guilty of it myself  Crying or Very Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.