ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Equipment  (Read 19784 times)

Stuart Hogg

Re: Stolen Equipment
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »

trace knight wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 00:19

My advise is get a email list, even if it has to be bought, and flood the internet to all production companies, this stuff will not hide easy

That sounds like a good idea to me.

Also, with thefts on this scale, hopefully this is a story that some of the trade magazines could pick up on and help publicise further. I know it would be far more useful information than many of the articles I've seen in them...

mikesmith

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 01:26:25 AM »

Funny thing while I went downtown mcallen tx today to check out the stage setup for the new years bash they are having and saw the company doing production is from monterry mexico seeing how the city likes hiring companies from mexico instead of usa companies. Anyways I never heard of the company so I looked them up since they had there name on everything www.apertour.com and saw they are from mexico and working over here and then saw this post and saw on there website they have all the speakers listed, who knows where they got it. Mike  

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 10:03:32 AM »

mikesmith wrote on Sat, 01 January 2011 01:26

Funny thing while I went downtown mcallen tx today to check out the stage setup for the new years bash they are having and saw the company doing production is from monterry mexico seeing how the city likes hiring companies from mexico instead of usa companies. Anyways I never heard of the company so I looked them up since they had there name on everything www.apertour.com and saw they are from mexico and working over here and then saw this post and saw on there website they have all the speakers listed, who knows where they got it. Mike  

Maybe they bought them?  Stranger things have happened Laughing

I have worked the same shows with a good number of Mexican sound companies.  Some of those guys have quite the rig and are skilled-especially in the lighting dept.  I learned a lot about getting "looks" and movements in the moving light dept by watching them.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »

mikesmith wrote on Sat, 01 January 2011 00:26

I recall visiting Monterey years ago on business, and it was a large modern city. Nowadays with the drug cartels killing mayors and kidnapping people even down that far from the border, I would not be surprised by a Monterey sound company wanting to work el norte.

JR

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Matthew Haber

• http://www.matthewhaber.com
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »

It's funny you should mention that because I too was recently involved in a production that involved a lot of this gear. Then I saw this thread and I am now wondering where PRG, the provider for this particular gig, got it.

Isn't is possible that a company that derives their income from offering sound equipment and services could have purchased some sound equipment. I alot of companies own Meyer gear and one or both of those mixers so I think we should go ahead and refrain from wildly pointing fingers unless we have concrete evidence or some legitimate reason to suspect their aquisition methods.

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »

Matthew Haber wrote on Sat, 01 January 2011 12:09

It's funny you should mention that because I too was recently involved in a production that involved a lot of this gear. Then I saw this thread and I am now wondering where PRG, the provider for this particular gig, got it.

Isn't is possible that a company that derives their income from offering sound equipment and services could have purchased some sound equipment. I alot of companies own Meyer gear and one or both of those mixers so I think we should go ahead and refrain from wildly pointing fingers unless we have concrete evidence or some legitimate reason to suspect their aquisition methods.

Yeah...cause it probably went to China to be copied anyway! Laughing

Hammer
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »

mikesmith wrote on Sat, 01 January 2011 07:26

Forgive me, but isn't this in breach of the "no politics" rule here?

Matthew Haber

• http://www.matthewhaber.com
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »

mikesmith wrote on Sat, 01 January 2011 19:02

I was just trying to provide a lead to follow,

You're just reinforcing my point. Seeing that a company owns some or all of the makes/models in question does NOT make them a lead, regardless of their nationality. If someone called me to ask if the gear I owned was hot without a real and serious reason to believe it was, I would hang up on them and I suspect most people would be similarly offended. Do you have any evidence that this company even purchased this gear after the thefts occurred?

I am not addressing the rest if your post since, IMHO, it is in violation of the rule against political discussions and I don't want my post deleted.

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 09:01:50 PM »

I am sure there are a lot of sound companies that have some or all of the gear that was listed as stolen.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Brad Galvin

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly) wrote on Wed, 29 December 2010 09:00

Definitely a good warning to call insurance companies to double-check certificates, etc.

I know at least 1 place that rarely does that...  
Brad Galvin

Freelance Audio Engineer
FOH, MON, System Designer/Tech
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.