ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Equipment  (Read 19726 times)

Eric Satre

Stolen Equipment
« on: December 28, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »

Hey Everyone-

There is a big problem that you all need to be aware of. There is a man going around to the sound companies steeling equipment. He is very familiar with each and every component and knows how to “Talk the Talk” of the industry. He is introducing himself as “Tour Technical Director” of Sony Music in his emails and is extremely knowledgeable and knows everything about the products he is asking for, he was also able to provide insurance documents, signed contracts, etc which is standard policy for new clients. So far there are two companies involved in this, Dowlen Sound and Rock N Road Audio but we fear there may be more. Roy believes that when the guy came to his office to pick the equipment up that he saw two Midas Pro6 consoles. The guy was doing business with both companies as:

Greg Bruce
gregbaudio@gmail.com
(646) 398-1662

If you could please search your emails to find if you have ever had contact with this guy or he has ever attempted to contact you I would greatly appreciate it. Please send me an email eric@dowlensound.com if you can help in any way. Thank you.

Dowlen Sound Inc. – Eric Satre – (303) 981-8857 – eric@dowlensound.com

10 – Meyer Sound 700HP
1 – Meyer Sound Galileo 616
1 – Meyer Sound SIM3 + Accessories
1 – Digico SD8 w/ 48x24 MADI Rack
1 – Digidesign Venue w/Side Car, FOH Rack, 48x24 Stage Rack
10 – Shure UHFR Handheld Wireless w/SM58 and Beta58 Capsules
+ Miscellaneous Cables and Parts

Rock N’ Road Audio  –  Roy Drukenmiller – (404) 372-7044 – rocknroad@mindspring.com
16 – Meyer Sound MILO
8 – Meyer Sound 700HP
2 – Meyer Sound Galileo 616
8 – Meyer Sound MJF-212A
2 – Meyer Sound MG/3DM

Thank you all for your help in advance, please be careful.
Dowlen Sound Inc.
www.dowlensound.com

Tim McCulloch

Re: Stolen Equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 05:43:24 PM »

Wow.  Go big or go home?  That's a very, very nice rig when combined.  Sorry to hear about this, Eric.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Matthew Haber

• http://www.matthewhaber.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 07:01:49 PM »

When that guy gets caught, he is going to be looking at some serious jail time given the value of the items that he is stealing. I wonder how he is going to try and unload gear of that caliber and price.

Paul Bell

• http://pbellsound.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »

Eric, are those lists of gear he stole from the two companies? When and where did this occur?
Paul Bell
PBell Sound New York City
paulATpbellsound.com
User/provider for:
McCauley, BASSMAXX, APB DynaSonics, QSC, Ashly, DBX, Rane Digital, Rapco, Faital Pro

Randy Gartner

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »

Did you not make a photo copy of his drivers license?

Matthew Haber

• http://www.matthewhaber.com
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 08:49:14 PM »

Randy Gartner wrote on Tue, 28 December 2010 19:46

Did you not make a photo copy of his drivers license?

Even if they did, I'm sure it's useless. If every high school student and their cousin can get a fake driver's license made so they can buy booze, I'm sure someone who plans to steal hundreds of thousands of dollars in specialized equipment can too.

Douglas R. Allen

• http://-
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 07:12:59 AM »

How long has this gear been missing?

16 – Meyer Sound MILO
8 – Meyer Sound 700HP
2 – Meyer Sound Galileo 616
8 – Meyer Sound MJF-212A
2 – Meyer Sound MG/3DM

This sounds allot like what was in my area not long ago.

Douglas R. Allen
Allen Audio

"The worst thing is."
"You can't teach common sense."

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 09:39:15 AM »

This kind of reminds me of a conversation that I had with one of my clients.  They had provided a hotel room for another vendor.  The vendor trashed the hotel room and dissapeared.  They had an insurance certificate naming then as an additional insured.  The problem was that they had not followed up on the cert to make sure it was valid or fake before hiring the vendor.  I haven't heard the outcome yet.

Note to self....Check all certs!
Ryan Jenkins
"Two days until the end of when I don't know what to think.  Three days until I start the cycle all over again!"

Please visit my website at http://www.murphygirl.com

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 10:00:54 AM »

Definitely a good warning to call insurance companies to double-check certificates, etc.

trace knight

• http://www.lalighting-sound.com
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »

I don't know about all the rest of you guys, but that list of gear would never leave our shop without a full confirmation of who, what and where, I have never let something of that kind of value out of my shop, especially when being picked up in someone esles truck, which this must have done. Granted forged documents are too easy to come by, but really, not to question and confirm is just what the smoooothe talker relied on, and he has so far won, did this stuff go on a container within 12 hrs and leave the country, cross the border into canada, not a border state, but there is a lot of acres of wilderness north of colorado. My advise is get a email list, even if it has to be bought, and flood the internet to all production companies, this stuff will not hide easy

tk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.