Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews: Sound Reinforcement FUD Forum Archive

Symetrix Jupiter-8 +++

(1/1)

Duane Massey:
Installed one of these guys earlier this month, and have been very happy with the performance vs cost. 8x8 DSP for under $ 1500, and pretty much does everything I need. Unlike some of the other units out there you can load the existing program from the unit into the pc. Only downside (sorta) is the use of mini-phoenix rather than XLR for the in/outs; certainly cheaper and easier for installs, but makes patching around problems a bit of a PITA. Of course, failures are not expected, right?

Ivan Beaver:
Duane Massey wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 18:30
Installed one of these guys earlier this month, and have been very happy with the performance vs cost. 8x8 DSP for under $ 1500, and pretty much does everything I need. Unlike some of the other units out there you can load the existing program from the unit into the pc. Only downside (sorta) is the use of mini-phoenix rather than XLR for the in/outs; certainly cheaper and easier for installs, but makes patching around problems a bit of a PITA. Of course, failures are not expected, right?

I can't speak for your DSP, but I have installed quite a few of the Symetrix 322 DSP's and have never had an issue with any of them.

Hopefully that track record will be with you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version