ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiring help on ART MyMonitor - adapter for dual mono vs. only left?  (Read 10169 times)

Adam Kane

Re: Wiring help on ART MyMonitor - adapter for dual mono vs. only left?
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 11:13:20 AM »

Jonathan Kok wrote on Fri, 31 December 2010 01:30

Rolls makes the same thing...for about $50.  WITH a mono/stereo switch.  In fact, run in mono, theirs allows for remote powering of the device, via the un-used ring portion of the TRS monitor input, and the PS16.  Which, incidentally, also serves as an un-balancer (XLR input on the PS16).

Jus' sayin' Wink

I was just about to say that. I've used the Rolls unit (several of them, actually) in the past without an issue.

Ned Ward

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »

Thanks Jonathan and Adam - nice find.

Ned Ward

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 12:59:37 AM »

Just bought a PM55 (same as the PM50s, but with battery option) for our drummer; can't wait to try in practice next week.

thanks guys!

Ned Ward

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 08:02:21 PM »

Wow.

Just got the Rolls PM55, and it's heads and shoulders above the ART My Monitor. Couple of things:

Battery access - cool little pop-out plastic caddy for the 9-volt that comes in and out without any tools. By contrast, the ART has a flimsy piece of metal with miniscule tabs at the end secured with a non-captive philips screw. It's only a matter of time before the screw or this tab are lost.

Mono/stereo - Rolls unit has a jumper to configure TRS input as dual mono or stereo - nice. Also has a method that will switch the ground lift by sending phantom power, if needed, on the mic channel - nice.

Rolls unit has 1/4" and 1/8" headphone inputs - no adapter needed. ART only has 1/4" input, necessitating an adapter.

Bottom line - I'll be buying another 2 Rolls for our drummer and keyboard player; the ART unit is on eBay (with a free 1/8 - 1/4" headphone adapter).

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and recommendations on this endeavor.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.