ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for some sub plans....  (Read 7439 times)

John W. Boneske

• http://www.outlaw-productions.com
Looking for some sub plans....
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »

I am looking for sub plans... either something with double 18" front firing ported subs, or a folded horn with double 12's, 15's, or single 18's... Any help would be appriciated!
John Boneske
Outlaw Productions LLC
www.outlaw-productions.com

Ivan Beaver

Re: Looking for some sub plans....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 08:43:36 PM »

John W. Boneske wrote on Sun, 19 December 2010 20:02

I am looking for sub plans... either something with double 18" front firing ported subs, or a folded horn with double 12's, 15's, or single 18's... Any help would be appriciated!

If you gave some specifics of what you needed (other than a "sub") would help you a lot.

Things like "how low does it need to go?". "Are there any size/weight restrictions?"  "How loud does it need to go?"  "Does it need to be under a specific price?"  Etc.

There is always the lab sub-with lots of documentation available and proven.

So there you go.

Without specifics, you are going to get all kinds of answers.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

John W. Boneske

• http://www.outlaw-productions.com
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:06:15 PM »

It doesnt have to go super low...I want to use them as FOH subs... I dont want to be any bigger than 4'H x 2'W x 2'D (or close) for a double 18" sub. I'd like something in a 100db sensitivity, I'd like to get to the 130 db's topped out... I used to have a 2 pairs of Generic double 18's with 2 pairs of JBL TR225 tops... I have the tops and now need bottoms to go with it and found that I would like to build some bottoms to save money! Thninking of loading them with some Eminence drivers... I would like double 18's, but used to own some double 12" EV Sentry IV's that sound decent...just wish they went lower! Thnaks for your help!
John Boneske
Outlaw Productions LLC
www.outlaw-productions.com

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 11:12:28 PM »

John W. Boneske wrote on Sun, 19 December 2010 20:02

This is a whole forum answering basically that question. Surely reading it will get you many answers.

Mac

Stipe Ercegovic

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 12:44:47 PM »

You may find it interesting,
.. so to avoid copy/paste check
on http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/62101/60129 4/19516/
this thread, scroll a bit down I have posted some information of my design CB-18 series cabinets.
All tested and proven in practice (except largest one CBX-18)

Art Welter

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »

John W. Boneske wrote on Sun, 19 December 2010 21:06

It doesnt have to go super low...I want to use them as FOH subs... I dont want to be any bigger than 4'H x 2'W x 2'D (or close) for a double 18" sub. I'd like something in a 100db sensitivity, I'd like to get to the 130 db's topped out... I used to have a 2 pairs of Generic double 18's with 2 pairs of JBL TR225 tops... I have the tops and now need bottoms to go with it and found that I would like to build some bottoms to save money! Thninking of loading them with some Eminence drivers... I would like double 18's, but used to own some double 12" EV Sentry IV's that sound decent...just wish they went lower! Thnaks for your help!

Eminence has a variety of 18" speakers. Each has several cabinet options available, many of the dual 18" easily go into the 130 dB range.
Go to the Eminence website, click on the various models, then click on "cabs" to download the alignments.

Rick Powell

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »

B&C speaker plans for dual 18 vented box here.  Either plan will use B&C 18" 18NW100 neo drivers - the 2nd plan also specs 3 other possible speaker models.

http://www.bcspeakers.com/PDF/SUGG/SGG_55.pdf

http://www.bcspeakers.com/suggested.php?id=0000000010

Rick Powell
StudioLive 16:4:2
JTR Triple 8 Mains
Danley TH115 Subwoofers
Bag End TA15 Floor Monitors
Crown xti6000/4000/2000

"There are two types of people...those who divide people into two types, and those who don't."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.