ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AirWall Hanger  (Read 18508 times)

Dennis Patel

Re: AirWall Hanger
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 05:02:25 PM »

WOW thanks a lot for that Craig..i didn't really know hotel ballrooms have mounting points like the one in that link... and thanks again for boat load of information. you are absolutely right, i am actually gonna follow your route have a rigger come out and do few jobs for me... learn a thing or two if he doesn't mind teaching and than go from there..

but just out of curiosity how much weight does  air wall tracks can support?? i m sure they all have different weight capacity but, is there an average figure for them?

Again i m truly very thank full for that respond. very informative. even if i hire a rigger for the rest of my life its always good to know things.

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 01:15:35 AM »

Dennis Patel wrote on Sun, 19 December 2010 14:02

but just out of curiosity how much weight does  air wall tracks can support?? i m sure they all have different weight capacity but, is there an average figure for them?

I wouldn't even try to guess how much weight a track could support without looking at it, and  going by the manufacturers rating. That said, with one exception, I have not seen a track that could not support a conventional fixture every few feet.  

That exception was when I was back east at a Marriott Hotel in Hunt Valley, Maryland. The ballroom is in the lower level and the ceiling does not have a lot of load bearing capacity, so they designed the air walls to roll on the ground and the upper track is just a guide. It will not even take the weight of a few fixtures. The rest of the ceiling is just a bad there. And the loading is even worse. The ramp down to the lower level is really steep and the truck seems like it is on a 45 deg angle.

Not the best room to work in!

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Todd Black

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »

make sure you remove every last piece of your hangers when you strike. You havent seen an angry facility guy until you have gotten a piece of airwall hanger jammed in his wall (not to mention the bill from the venue)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.