ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: nice power at the Hotel  (Read 15773 times)

Lee Brenkman

Re: nice power at the Hotel
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2010, 05:46:10 PM »

We're planning a "small" upgrade to this venue.

At least they kept the fuses clean Razz

index.php/fa/34425/0/
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
— Mark Twain

Jim Brooks

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »

I really like how the one hot wire coming into the panel loops to provide power for both legs in the panel.
KOOL!

Jim

Tim A Perry

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2010, 11:26:40 AM »

Jim Brooks wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 11:00

I really like how the one hot wire coming into the panel loops to provide power for both legs in the panel.
KOOL!

Jim

I believe this is a 3 phase panel that is wired for single phase 220.

I hope some brave soul someday finds the breaker feeding this panel and replaces the cover. The rest of the 'switchgear' in this facility while old is intact.
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" ~ Berthold Auerbach

Dave C(arugo)

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »

Doing a run of gigs with a function band for the last few days, and two days ago I ran into a nice 32amp 3 phase ceeform outlet, on the end of an appropriately sized 2 metre cable coming from a switched wallbox... installed behind 10 or so stacked folding rolling hotel banquet tables, in the storage room behind the hotel's stage, with no way of getting the cable out of the store-room into the ballroom without leaving the door open. The hotel insisted on leaving the fluoroescent lights in the storeroom on.

So even though the installation was electrically fine, it was not really thought through...

Last night a different hotel gave us 4 metalclad 13 amp sockets (UK type) behind the stage. First song in and we tripped the breaker. Some investigation ensued with the hotel staff and we found that we were on the same power feed as the 4 large 3phase space heaters that they were using to heat the ballroom; the total breaker capacity was 25amps. They then claimed that the fairy lights behind the stage were most likely the problem, and proceeded to unplug them as they were on the same feed that we were using.

Problems stoped after they unplugged the space heaters...

Hopefully tonight will be better, but I wouldn't bet on it....

Dave C.

Geoff Doane

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »

This year's (and last) NYE was out of town at an older bar, but at least they have the power together (for my modest needs).  Having a 15-50 receptacle on stage is a treat.

index.php/fa/34634/0/

I just wish they had installed it on one side or the other instead of practically right in the middle of the stage.

GTD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.