ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Blizzard Lighting  (Read 11466 times)

Will Komassa

Re: Blizzard Lighting
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »

Hi John,

I've changed my display name.  I am a new user to PSW and was not familiar with the requirements. My apologies if I offended anyone.  I certainly had no sinister intent in not providing my whole name.  I'm not typically a forum user so your world is a little different than I'm used to.  

That said, I did feel compelled to chime in, probably because I am the owner of Blizzard Lighting, LLC, and I personally stand behind every product we sell.  We really, honestly do QC every single fixture before it leaves us on its way to the customer.  

It is very painful to me to see our products portrayed in a negative light because we try so damn hard to make everything perfect.  In fact, my reasons for starting Blizzard Lighting were largely due to my disenchantment with other lighting manufacturers.  Our goal is to provide a better product backed with better support at a better price, and that isn't just some stupid marketing scheme, I promise, that is what I and my company aim to do.

With that in mind, my staff and I personally try to do everything possible to ensure every user receives a perfect experience.  As I said in my earlier post, that did not happen in this case and all I can do is say that we'll try to do better still.  

Thanks again, and please just let me know if you have any questions.

Will
Will
Blizzard Lighting, LLC

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »

Will, thanks for the comments and welcome to PSW!

Russel Murton

• http://www.rpmaudio.com.au
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 10:49:12 AM »

I would love it if you started to think of an Australian distributor. We want to try your lights down south.

Although that means you'll need to come up with 240volt versions to expand to here and Europe.

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 08:58:49 AM »

Will, I am glad to read your post and see your interest in the forum.

I imagine you may be unable to comment on all the specifics of this particular transaction, but in general, would it be your practice to offer a deep discount, upgrade fixtures to better ones, throw in a couple movers, or whatever, in order to support a dealer who may be in danger of losing a client because of an inability to get working products to the dealer in time for the dealer to meet the schedule he promised his client?

I am not interested in the reason for the fixtures being faulty or the cause of the back-order; these things happen to every supplier at times.  How the manufacturer or stocking distributor works with the dealer and their end-customer to try to make everyone happy is very important.

Every manufacturer should be easy to deal with when things go smoothly.  When something goes wrong, what they are able or willing to do to make the end-customer happy matters a great deal.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

Will Komassa

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 09:01:03 PM »

Hi Jeff,

We try to ensure that every transaction goes off without a hitch.  We absolutely support our dealers and do offer make-goods in some instances.  It varies case-by-case.  In this case, Shane has a few more fixtures coming from us and (though he didn't know it until just now), we'll definitely do something on the price for him.  

We also work really hard before the sale to try and understand the customer's requirements.  

I agree with you, it is much more telling what happens when things go wrong than when they go right -- kudos make me smile, but I take them with a grain of salt.  We shine a much brighter light (ba dum bum) on our failures to make sure they are never repeated.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you, and if you have any other questions, please just let me know.

Will
Will
Blizzard Lighting, LLC

Greg Adams

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »

Hi Will,
I was looking at your Puck RGBA's and was interested in purchasing 20-24 of them,and to say the least i am a little concerned now.
I live in Ontario Canada,and,you guys got back to me and said there is nobody that handles Blizzard Lighting.

Before i spend around 2.5 thousand on something i cant see,touch,handle, see it in action in person,i tend to be a little uneasy after one say cheap build,another says wish it was brighter.

I am not bashing your business or yourself.I would just like to be able to see this in person.

Thanks and Merry Christmas. Smile

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 01:14:26 AM »

Here's an idea:  Log off PSW, find the number for Blizzard Lighting, then CALL them!  Why are these concerns, criticisms, and requests aired in a public forum?  Unless a company TRULY deserves to be bashed (or praised) then why would you do so for the entire world to see?  Greg, if you want a demo unit then call them and ask for one.  Will shouldn't have to do business through PSW or find out about mistakes in quality control from here.  Step away from the computer, guys.

Shane Presley

• http://www.bssproductions.com
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 10:44:07 AM »

Thomas Bishop wrote on Sun, 26 December 2010 01:14

Here's an idea:  Log off PSW, find the number for Blizzard Lighting, then CALL them!  Why are these concerns, criticisms, and requests aired in a public forum?  Unless a company TRULY deserves to be bashed (or praised) then why would you do so for the entire world to see?  Greg, if you want a demo unit then call them and ask for one.  Will shouldn't have to do business through PSW or find out about mistakes in quality control from here.  Step away from the computer, guys.

I wanted to post my experience here so the next guy doesn't spend 2.5K, in my case more like 6K - to find out that SOME of the product isn't living up to an expectation. I too would have liked to have "kicked the tires" on these items before purchasing. After hearing about Blizzard I did some investigation after James F spoke about them HERE, and said he was impressed. My next step was to search the net and youtube to see if anyone else was impressed. I found some videos with some DJ's liking the products,(which should of been a sign Laughing )  but I thought I'd give it a whirl. I ordered 12 propars out of the gate.  I got 2 within a week or so, the rest to follow a couple months later - but I do like that product. I think there are some supply issues, and quality control issues at the moment, and I hope they are remedied soon. I have been working with Will on fixing my current woes as well. I can offer Greg a "mixed review" on my experience with Blizzard to date. Getting stuff back and forth across the boarder is a challenge when buying anything new or used so beware of that. I would be happy to talk to you off-line Greg if you have any questions about the Blizzard products I have own and have used to date.  Propar336, Fury, Colourstorm 252 and soon to be rocklite RGBAW.

BTW - I see a product "bashing" on here every other post... "OH my itech crashed, my sd-8 locked up etc..." in my opinion - this was no different, other than the company owner is now present on the forum....

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/579570/17131/?sr ch=failed#msg_579570

Greg Adams

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »

If i go through all your posts,will i find you commenting about how badly another companies product is,or,how you had bad dealings with them?
I am not sure you get points for brown nosing here...

Greg Adams

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 11:08:46 AM »

Shane,
I would like to hear from you,I spent a  over 10 thousand with a company in the US,I wont mention the name of the business,(to keep the white knights away)
It took over 5 months for them to fill my order.
I for one appreciate you explaining your experience,because it was the same company i was ready to deal with.

Thomas,nobody was bashing Will,someone was letting the rest of us know what they were going through with a certain product,and i understand what he is going through.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.