ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Blizzard Lighting  (Read 11465 times)

Shane Presley

• http://www.bssproductions.com
Blizzard Lighting
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »

So I'm starting to think that I'm going to get what I'm paying for here.... Besides the various delays, paperwork screw ups, and pre-charging my credit card days before any ups shipment notifications, I finally get some lights.  Lights that I have literally ordered weeks ago. Now I understand they are coming from china, so I'll give them some slack on delays.  But the build quality of these fixtures and lack of mechanical assembly consistency well....  So far I've opened 6 of my 16 PROPAR336s and I had to take apart 3 of them to re-seat the front face because it was jiggling around.  Then today I get a shipment of 4 FURY spot fixtures for a club install,(which the club guy has been waiting forever), and two of them have to go back for out of box failures.  One display doesn't work and the light doesn't respond, but the fans are running, so I know it has power.  The other, the colour wheel has issues it is not behaving like the other two, which seem to be working for the moment.  I'm really thinking of boxing these lights up, and sending them back.  the only thing that is holding me back is that they are LED, and the club keeps baffing my trackspot bulbs when they power them all at once.... ya ya I know teach them how to fire them, or patch them differently, well I can't do the later, and to teach them well, that ain't working either....Anyways I just wanted to let everyone know what they might get buying into this light weight Chinese junk

Steven Leonard

• http://www.sandsproductionsgroup.com
Re: Blizzard Lighting
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »

Good to know! I must say I was tempted with these! They are so cheap and look professional! Good to hear the real story!

Thanks for the review!
Sands Productions
http://Sandsproductionsgroup.com
Orlando, Fl
The Leonard Brothers Band
www.leonardbrothers.com
www.orlandomusicpros.com

Matt Melberg

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 07:45:20 AM »

Got to say, that is very unusual.  All the products I have gotten have been flawless (for their price that is) except for a couple of demo units that had been shipped everywhere and probably had taken some abuse.  Usually, all the fixtures go through an inspection here in the US before they ship out, eliminating the problems you describe.  Please give Will @ Blizzard a call and tell him what's going on, I am sure he will rectify the situation very quickly for you.  As for the shipping delays, he is still dealing with very low quantities of product at this point and doesn't have the buying power to have thousands of fixtures in stock at any moment.  He has to wait for stuff to ship from China.  This will get better over time.  Sorry you are having so many problems, as a Blizzard dealer this concerns me greatly.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Matt
Matt

Band Lighting Geek
The Potentials
Performance LED Lighting
Shop Specials

Shane Presley

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »

Yup I understand their woes, and I think that is the problem, that they are trying to get me the fixtures so quickly, that they may have let a few bad one's get through.  I literally powered up the one head... it did a short warm up, then died.  The fourth one I fired up(after I had the profile dialed in lightjockey), worked except for the colour wheel.  I'm sure it's a calibration thing, cause open white was at like dmx value 43 instead of 0-8.  Anyways I hope they can turn these around quickly because I have a bar owner that has been waiting for these since ugh October ! Rolling Eyes
Thanks for the contact name Matt, but I am intimate with Will, we have conversations like... "Hi Will are my lights here yet".
"Yeah they shipped , they are on a plane"  
Two days later "Will have you shipped my lights yet".... "Oh sorry those weren't your lights" Rolling Eyes

Shane Presley

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »

SO I just got off the phone with Will at Blizzard, and he is sending me an UPS tag to return the units for repair. Obviously they are disappointed about my comments here (bad news travels fast), and I have probably lost any "dealer" privlages I might of held with them. Having said that, I posted this and my previous conmments in full recoignition that this could happen, and thus will probably end my purchases with the line. I wish them the best, and will be in contact with them up until the warranty ends on the fixtures I have purchased to date.  I hope my RGBAW pars arrive soon so I can start the clock.

Shane Presley

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 02:46:12 PM »

Will - Blizzard wrote on Thu, 09 December 2010 14:17

Hi Shane (and everyone else),

We try really, really hard to make sure that every single one of our products reaches the end user in pristine condition.  Obviously this has not happened with your purchases and that just means we have to try harder.  

As for me being disappointed, I'm most disappointed that you are having problems with your fixtures.  It pains me greatly to see people having problems with our stuff.

We will make sure that every single unit you bought is perfect and hence we're sending you a tag to ship the stuff back to us that seems to have been angry upon unpacking.  

I take praise in our products with a grain of salt, and take issues very seriously.  If there is something that needs to change, it will, and it will be done quickly.

I doubt that will change anything for any of you, but please feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding our products, customer service, warranty, anything.  

Thanks,
Will  

I just wanted to say that I appreciate Will's efforts to date, as there are probably circumstances which are causing delivery, issues etc. I apologize for "airing the dirty laundry", here and probably used this forum inappropriately but my frustration had come to a head. I am currently working with Will to sort out these issues, but passing fixtures back and forth across the international boarders is not a desirable task.

As Will may or may not know I have been supportive (on PSW) of the Propar336 to the point where I have sold off my pars and dimming to purchase a good qty of them. I am interested to see any changes to be implemented.

Again my apologizes to any who have read this feeling it should be a PM.

James Feenstra

• http://www.crewspace.com/James
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:40:37 PM »

were the boxes themselves damaged?

if so, it was most likely not blizzards fault. ups has a nice habit of breaking stuff coming to Canada.

I recently did a club install and had a few of the 'new' american DJ lights we bought have issues straight out of the box

it seems that qc isn't super great with the Chinese made stuff
James Feenstra
Lighting, Audio and Special Effects Design

(Brian) Frost

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »

I just got 6 puck lights and I have to say they all came out of the box built solidly and looking good.  One knob was a bit deformed but functions fine.  I think they look good and have a solid build.  I wish they were a bit brighter but, 4 fo them covers a small stage decently well.
Frost

Owner, Narnia Productions

www.NarniaProductions.com

Chicago IL

Good is good but not as good as better

Shane Presley

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »

James Feenstra wrote on Sun, 12 December 2010 12:40

were the boxes themselves damaged?

if so, it was most likely not blizzards fault. ups has a nice habit of breaking stuff coming to Canada.

I recently did a club install and had a few of the 'new' american DJ lights we bought have issues straight out of the box

it seems that qc isn't super great with the Chinese made stuff

The boxes were what I would call "soft" from handling, but not damaged - the interior sytrofoam was intact - nothing looked damaged on the fixtures, no marks etc... All four boxes looked similar in condition, and all four travelled the same way... I'm wondering if they would of made the trip better inside another box.

John Livings

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »

Hi Shane,

Like many I am Guessing, follow the threads looking for Information on the more
technical aspects of things we may not understand.

This includes product/service advise.

A purchase of one light or any piece of equipment is a decision I do not take lightly.

When a contributer offers an observation on a piece of equipment, This is a good thing for most readers, Maybe not for you or a supplier...

I welcome All observations from Professionals on this and other boards, I use them as tools to make  decisions.

It is curious that "Will" did not use his full name, And had his post removed (I am
guessing that is what happened).

Looking forward to more posts from you.

Regards,  John  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.