ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Blizzard Lighting  (Read 11487 times)

Thomas Bishop

Re: Blizzard Lighting
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 11:20:11 AM »

Greg Adams wrote on Sun, 26 December 2010 09:57

If i go through all your posts,will i find you commenting about how badly another companies product is,or,how you had bad dealings with them?
I am not sure you get points for brown nosing here...

I am only assuming this is directed at me since there is no quote or addressing of anyone in particular...  I'm sure I've said that I like Product X over Product Y but I certainly have never started a thread with the sole intention of bashing a product or company.  As far as "brown nosing," I couldn't care less about Will, Blizzard Lighting, or their products specifically, so I certainly am not trying to gain points.  I'm happy with the companies I deal with for LED's and have never been impressed enough with Blizzard's products to warrant a demo (but if I were going to drop thousands of dollars on gear I would certainly get a demo unit first, even if it meant buying a small number of fixtures).

I do think it's pretty cool that the owner of a company is checking up on forums to manage customer service.  Although there's really no reason why he would have to monitor PSW to find out about issues with his product.  I certainly understand your frustrations, Shane, but this is an issue to take up with the company rather than bashing them on an international (and permanent) forum.

"I told them no pickles on my burger but there were pickles anyway!  No, I didn't take it up with the company, but everyone's gonna know about my pickled burger that I was forced to eat!"

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Re: Blizzard Lighting
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »

Thomas Bishop wrote on Mon, 27 December 2010 10:20

I do think it's pretty cool that the owner of a company is checking up on forums to manage customer service.  Although there's really no reason why he would have to monitor PSW to find out about issues with his product.  I certainly understand your frustrations, Shane, but this is an issue to take up with the company rather than bashing them on an international (and permanent) forum.

"I told them no pickles on my burger but there were pickles anyway!  No, I didn't take it up with the company, but everyone's gonna know about my pickled burger that I was forced to eat!"

Speak for yourself... I had to air my Crown Audio issues on PSW for them to even do anything about it after their 800 number blew me off.

After seeing my post Crown called me and did finally address the issue (As I noted on page 2 of the thread).

Sometimes vendors deserve it when the normal escalation points fail. Believe me, I deal with issues like this at my day job at a fortune 500 company. No one is exempt.

as for your taking it up with the company already ie: the pickle reference. I believe Shane's second post in this thread has already covered that base:

Shane Presley wrote on Thu, 09 December 2010 07:41

Thanks for the contact name Matt, but I am intimate with Will, we have conversations like... "Hi Will are my lights here yet".
"Yeah they shipped , they are on a plane"  
Two days later "Will have you shipped my lights yet".... "Oh sorry those weren't your lights" Rolling Eyes

I see nothing wrong with Shane's choice in airing his experience and feelings towards the situation, this coming from a CSR. Not saying I always agree with it. But there have been many times its been warranted in my line of work also. Its how the vendor responds that is a big eye opener.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 14 queries.