ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Trains  (Read 28603 times)

Dick Rees

Re: Trains
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »

Adam.....

I followed your link, clicked on the "Music on the Hill" tab and wondered just what mix console is pictured there.  Anybody?????
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 09:56:33 PM »

Dick Rees wrote on Tue, 07 December 2010 20:45

Adam.....

I followed your link, clicked on the "Music on the Hill" tab and wondered just what mix console is pictured there.  Anybody?????

Its a behringer with blue tape on the last few channels.... I can't say I've ever noticed the music around the grounds before.  Laughing
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Dick Rees

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 10:01:56 PM »

Adam Whetham wrote on Tue, 07 December 2010 20:56

Dick Rees wrote on Tue, 07 December 2010 20:45

Adam.....

Its a behringer with blue tape on the last few channels.... I can't say I've ever noticed the music around the grounds before.  Laughing

I thought I recognized a certain "cheddar" look......

I actually did sound for several years at an antique machinery and steam power show.  The "folk stage" was right in the middle of a lot of clank and roar....with a 1/4 mile dirt track not too far away.  If it hadn't been for the loan (from EV) of a Dynacord Cobra II rig we would never have been heard at all.  But that little rig really kicked some serious a**, soundwise.

Ian Coughlin

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »

Clicked on this faster than I ever click a thread. Lol. My mother started collecting trains for me when I was about 2 and have added to the collection ever since.  Pushing 20 O gauge sets, 8 HO, and 4 LGB (large scale).  Way to many to put out for Christmas now so I've been choosing a couple sets per year.  I've been very busy and haven't got a chance to put them out yet, nor have I decided which sets.  When I do ill post a few pictures.

P.S. Christmas 2010 Poll

Scale-
O gauge or G gauge

Set-
Amtrak Accella or Big freight with two CSX Dash-9's

(yes Im using the new Lionel Legacy Cab2 remote and can lash multiple cabs together on the same track)

Ryan Lantzy

• http://www.lhsoundandlight.com
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:24 PM »

Dick Rees wrote on Tue, 07 December 2010 21:12

Most of my experience with steam has been with stationary engines.  I've seen a bunch of steam tractors at antique machinery shows and once had the pleasure of travelling on a steam launch on a large lake in northern Sweden.  The torque is amazing.

A couple of years ago I picked up a nearly mint copy of the "Enginemen's Manual".  From the title plate:

Intended for the Engineer, Fireman or Mechanic who wishes to extend his knowledge of the Locomotive or Air Brake.

Questions and Answers for Instructions and Examinations

by W. P. James

W. P. James Publishing Company
Louisville, Kentucky

It is essentially a complete manual for the operation and maintenance of steam locomotives.  Great reading.......  

Edit:

Just "googled" the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Locomotive-Enginemans-Manual-W-P-James /dp/0981652689

Used paperback re-issues going for nearly $40.  Wonder what a pristine original's worth........???

Thanks for the recommendation.  It's available on Google books too for free.  The Copyright must be up on it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pGVg8K91PlEC&lpg=PP1&am p;am  p;dq=The%20Locomotive%20Engineman's%20Manual&pg=PP8#v=on epage&q&f=false
Ryan Lantzy
"In the beginner's mind the possibilities are many, in the expert's mind they are few."

Ryan Lantzy

• http://www.lhsoundandlight.com
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »

Ian Coughlin wrote on Tue, 07 December 2010 22:15

Clicked on this faster than I ever click a thread. Lol. My mother started collecting trains for me when I was about 2 and have added to the collection ever since.  Pushing 20 O gauge sets, 8 HO, and 4 LGB (large scale).  Way to many to put out for Christmas now so I've been choosing a couple sets per year.  I've been very busy and haven't got a chance to put them out yet, nor have I decided which sets.  When I do ill post a few pictures.

P.S. Christmas 2010 Poll

Scale-
O gauge or G gauge

Set-
Amtrak Accella or Big freight with two CSX Dash-9's

(yes Im using the new Lionel Legacy Cab2 remote and can lash multiple cabs together on the same track)

O gauge for me.  I have the MTH DCS remote commander for my stuff.  It can control all that Lionel TMCC and Legacy stuff too.   Very Happy
Ryan Lantzy
"In the beginner's mind the possibilities are many, in the expert's mind they are few."

Dick Rees

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 11:17:40 PM »

Ryan Lantzy wrote on Tue, 07 December 2010 21:46

Dick Rees wrote on Tue, 07 December 2010 21:12

Most of my experience with steam has been with stationary engines.  I've seen a bunch of steam tractors at antique machinery shows and once had the pleasure of travelling on a steam launch on a large lake in northern Sweden.  The torque is amazing.

A couple of years ago I picked up a nearly mint copy of the "Enginemen's Manual".  From the title plate:

Intended for the Engineer, Fireman or Mechanic who wishes to extend his knowledge of the Locomotive or Air Brake.

Questions and Answers for Instructions and Examinations

by W. P. James

W. P. James Publishing Company
Louisville, Kentucky

It is essentially a complete manual for the operation and maintenance of steam locomotives.  Great reading.......  

Edit:

Just "googled" the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Locomotive-Enginemans-Manual-W-P-James /dp/0981652689

Used paperback re-issues going for nearly $40.  Wonder what a pristine original's worth........???

Thanks for the recommendation.  It's available on Google books too for free.  The Copyright must be up on it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pGVg8K91PlEC&lpg=PP1&am p;am p;am   p;dq=The%20Locomotive%20Engineman's%20Manual&pg=PP8#v=on epage&q&f=false

Does the on-line copy have the 3' long fold-outs of the engines in question????

Mine does. Very Happy

Joseph Curran

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 04:48:58 PM »

My mom was great about building a Christmas Village Lionel HO train set for us when we were little kids. On a couple sheets of plywood in the living room on Christmas morning. She would stay up all night doing it, alone. I didn't realize till much later in life how hard she worked to make our morning special. These included a lake, tunnel through a mountain, a village with a level crossing, trees, snow, somehow she managed to integrate the whole thing with a slot car racing set. The one I found most interesting/wonderful was a slot car harness racing horses set that she worked into it one year. Horses racing around an oval track in the Christmas Village. Awesome. She is 75 years old this year. She is and always will be my one and only hero. Merry Christmas.

Bob Leonard

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 12:27:43 AM »

Shit, I went to HO and N because of the detail and bang for the buck, but nothing touches Lionel or American Flyer for just plain fun. My brother the asshole had an American Flyer set in the 50's but he wouldn't take it out when I was around. The kid next doors father worked for the B&M and he had a huge Lionel layout, but no one was ever allowed to watch it run. My buddy across the street had American Flyer and we had great fun with that. It was especially fun to take your army men and run them over. We even took some of his mothers nail polish and put "blood" on the white rims. Cool beans. Me likey trains.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Tim Padrick

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 01:29:47 AM »

I still have the ones I played with as a kid, which IIRC were handed down by an uncle.  Of the bits that are handy, the only ones that are marked are a Lionel 027 engine and a Lionel 1033 dual transformer.  I think I have a second engine, four to eight cars, some track, and a few 60's buildings.  Where's the best place to sell such stuff?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.