ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What consoles have pre-insert aux sends for monitors.  (Read 9474 times)

charles (yoda) clark

Re: What consoles have pre-insert aux sends for monitors.
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 11:08:41 pm »

Granted, the ch. split is a neat trick IF you have the extra ch. available. (and the hard wire two-fer splits) Unfortunately Mr. Tim Padrick accurately describes the usual reaction to this approach! Wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen that "deer in the headlights" look. HaHa!
I'm having trouble buying the cost factor as reason to not have the choice. It seems switches would be cheaper than entire additional channels.
Oh well, you're right: limited budgets result in limited choices. I know right now I'm selling lot's of Allen & Heath mixers to medium size churches because they very simply allow the limited experience FOH guy to make the changes he wants to in the main mix without accidently causing havoc in the monitors.
Dang! 24/96 sounds pretty good. Now I gotta learn computer!

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 11:19:25 pm »

charles (yoda) clark wrote on Wed, 01 December 2010 22:08

I'm having trouble buying the cost factor as reason to not have the choice. It seems switches would be cheaper than entire additional channels.

I think this is the difference between an MI console and a professional console.  One product has to have a sellable list of features at as low a manufacturing cost as practical; where "sellable" means it looks suitable to bar-bands.  The other product has a lot of buttons, LEDs, is hopefully easy to maintain, and these products really compete with each-other on features/brand/service more so than small differences in price.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

charles (yoda) clark

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 12:20:33 am »

I'm starting to wish Dynasonics would come out w/ a digital mixer. They seem to get always "get" so much "right"! Imagine a "monitor split" section that comes up when you hit a "monitor split" button. It would split off the same pre-amp so no extra channels used up and no extra channels to have to set the gain on. But giving a separate level and eq. for monitor sends. Easy to "go to" for a minute if adjustments are neccesary. Easy to forget about if not. Whata concept, huh? FOH? easy. Monitors? easy. AND- Monitors FROM FOH while mixing FOH- EASY!
Is anyone out there doing this for less than 1 jillion dollars?
Happy Holiday wishes, y'all!
Chuck
God bless APB Dynasonics, that seems to be the most correct answer to your original question Marcus!  
Dang! 24/96 sounds pretty good. Now I gotta learn computer!

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 02:03:14 am »

charles (yoda) clark wrote on Wed, 01 December 2010 22:20

I'm starting to wish Dynasonics would come out w/ a digital mixer. They seem to get always "get" so much "right"!

'cept their strong suit is analog design.

Quote:

Imagine a "monitor split" section that comes up when you hit a "monitor split" button. It would split off the same pre-amp so no extra channels used up and no extra channels to have to set the gain on. But giving a separate level and eq. for monitor sends. Easy to "go to" for a minute if adjustments are neccesary. Easy to forget about if not. Whata concept, huh? FOH? easy. Monitors? easy. AND- Monitors FROM FOH while mixing FOH- EASY!

It's called the Midas Legend.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 01:17:57 pm »

charles (yoda) clark wrote on Thu, 02 December 2010 00:20

I'm starting to wish Dynasonics would come out w/ a digital mixer. They seem to get always "get" so much "right"! Imagine a "monitor split" section that comes up when you hit a "monitor split" button. It would split off the same pre-amp so no extra channels used up and no extra channels to have to set the gain on. But giving a separate level and eq. for monitor sends. Easy to "go to" for a minute if adjustments are neccesary. Easy to forget about if not. Whata concept, huh? FOH? easy. Monitors? easy. AND- Monitors FROM FOH while mixing FOH- EASY!
Happy Holiday wishes, y'all!
Chuck
God bless APB Dynasonics, that seems to be the most correct answer to your original question Marcus!  

PATIENCE

And thank you.

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Marsellus Fariss

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 06:53:51 am »

Andy Peters wrote on Thu, 02 December 2010 01:03

charles (yoda) clark wrote on Wed, 01 December 2010 22:20

I'm starting to wish Dynasonics would come out w/ a digital mixer. They seem to get always "get" so much "right"!

'cept their strong suit is analog design.

Quote:

Imagine a "monitor split" section that comes up when you hit a "monitor split" button. It would split off the same pre-amp so no extra channels used up and no extra channels to have to set the gain on. But giving a separate level and eq. for monitor sends. Easy to "go to" for a minute if adjustments are neccesary. Easy to forget about if not. Whata concept, huh? FOH? easy. Monitors? easy. AND- Monitors FROM FOH while mixing FOH- EASY!

It's called the Midas Legend.

-a

Yea but he said less then a 1 jillion.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 16 queries.