ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose 802 C system controller - is it necessary?  (Read 53238 times)

Steve Moland

Re: Bose 802 C system controller - is it necessary?
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »

<<<That you need the Bose controller or something providing the equivalent processing has been well addressed, but I wanted to add that due to their overall wide horizontal and vertical pattern and with significant lobing starting in the speech/vocal range, the 802 may not be the best choice for challenging acoustical environments. The processor will not fix that, in fact the boosts at low and high frequencies could exacerbate any related issues.>>>

Yes I can see the issue. Fortunately where I'd use them any sound is better than nothing, but I would like the best I can get and I'm willing to toss a bit a money at trying my best.

I've messed around with the equalizer slides on the my amp in those situations and you are right, almost nothing ends up good and it's often a choice of choosing the least worse setting.

Normally I can drive my van and trailer to almost every place I'm going to be using my gear outside, so I don't have to load stuff on a hand cart or dolly.

When I do pre-race or post-race awards it's often inside where I don't want to make too many trips with a dolly and the most of the speakers I have are odd shapes which don't pack/stack too well. (Peavey PR12, PR15 & Mackie 450s)

The Bose units (with cover/handles) are essentially square and cooperate well with other gear on the dolly, and they are light too.

Very often, I'm there once an event decides they don't emcee very well themselves and a bullhorn is a cruel joke on those they need to communicate with.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.