ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-verb patch-in  (Read 826 times)

Jim Krile

Re-verb patch-in
« on: July 01, 2005, 12:06:42 pm »

I run sound for our Contemporary Service and have pretty much built the system up from scratch. We have a good solid platform of inputs, mixer, amps, speakers, monitors, and DSP (for system EQ, cross-over, delay), and are looking at making the next step into outboard processing (reverb, compressor/limiter/ FBX, etc). The basics are that we have a 32 channel Mackie board (SR32.4VLZ PRO) with which I mix the band (12 channels) down to sub1 and the vocals (8 channels) to sub 2. I then assign sub 1 and sub 2 to the main mix. We are set up as amono system for the house, with the ability to record in stereo. I was hoping that the reverb would not only add a little sparkle to the mix as heard in the house, but might actually generate a nice stereo field for recording.
I have 2 different reverb units, and I want to apply them to the vocals (sub group 2) and the band (sub group 1). Both reverbs are stereo reverbs (not dual channel mono!)
My question is the best way to insert the reverb I am contemplating. Which of the 4 (or maybe you have a better suggestion) makes the most sense (typical for sub 2 as well)
1. sub1 -> sub 1 out -> reverb -> spare channel in. Assign sub 1 to main mix, assign reverb return channel to main mix.
2. sub 1 -> Sub 1 insert -> reverb -> sub 1 insert. Assign sub 1 to main mix.
3. sub 1 -> sub 1 out -> reverb -> stereo 1 return. Leave sub 1 out of the main mix, assign stereo return to main mix. Use wet/dry controls on reverb unit to set balance
4. sub 1 -> sub 1 out -> reverb -> stereo 1 return. Assign both Leave sub 1 and stereo return to main mix. Use the sub 1 level fader and stereo return level knob to set the reverb balance.
Look forward to hearing from all.

Erwin Mol

Re: Re-verb patch-in
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:23:50 pm »

I wouldnt go for the reverb over a sub group of channels. You could also use one of the auxes (post fader).

It would go like this:
Mic channel -> Aux # -> FX -> Stereo channel -> Main mix

With this set-up you can adjust how much reverb per channel you need.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Re-verb patch-in
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:23:50 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.