ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DMX Operator - Programming light fading  (Read 5864 times)

Jared Koopman

DMX Operator - Programming light fading
« on: December 11, 2010, 12:03:12 AM »

Hello,

I have absolutely no experience with lighting or using this controller. Last week my church asked me to run the lights for a Christmas musical they are doing this Sunday.

We have 2 red, green, blue and white cans that the panel is controlling. I have figured out how to program scenes but I am still trying to figure out how to program in a fade. For instance for some scenes, the director wants a slow fade to blackout. How do I do this?

The Second issue I am having is making adjustments on the fly. After I programmed scenes 1-8, I was able to switch scenes just fine..but if I made a change to one of the lights (blue for example), it changed all of the blue settings for all the scenes. Is this normal? Can I not make light adjustments during the performance and still hit the scene button to return back to the pre-programmed scene?

Again I am new to this and really have no clue what a chase is either.

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
Re: DMX Operator - Programming light fading
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 04:11:53 PM »

Page 10:

http://www.elationlighting.com/pdffiles/DMX-Operator.pdf

Don't get frustrated, suggest you spend a few hours alone with it, until you get it. Not intuitive at all.

You have a "fade time" control right on the panel.

"For example; if the fade time slider is set to 0 (zero) a scene change will be instant. If the slider is set to ‘30s’ it will take the DMX Operator 30 seconds to complete the change from one scene to the next."
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.