ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: switching it up  (Read 3467 times)

Kellen Tyburski

switching it up
« on: November 21, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »

Ken -
I PMed you about the SGS-408.

Just to give a little background, the DCS-100 we currently have is having some issues, including images turning black and white after switching away from them and then switching back.

After doing some more research, I have come up with these options to replace the DCS-100. If any of you have used any of these... Comments, experiences, suggestions?

-Kramer VP-727 8x2:3 In-CTRL Dual Scaler Seamless Switcher (about 4k) I'm wondering why the price is so low on this one, when comparing it to the Extron SGS408 it seems to be very similar. Wondering why the 408 is 7-8k more.
 http://www.markertek.com/Routers-Switchers-DA%27s/Video-Swit chers/Kramer/VP-727XL.xhtml?KR-VP727

-FSR Compass PLUS (CP-200) Dual Channel Switcher ($6500) - pairing this with a D/A convertor (for the DVI program output), along with having the preview output would seem to make this like a more powerful Folsom Presentation Pro.

-Extron SGS408

Thanks for any feedback!

Kellen Tyburski

Re: switching it up
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »

ok - ruled out the SGS408, only because it wont receive a composite input.

Looks like it's Between the Kramer VP-727, or the FSR CP-100 or 200.

Any comments on the comparison between the two? The FSR CP-100 costs almost 1k more than the VP-727, though the 727 seemingly has more output options, and other processing options like PIP.

Am I missing something here? Anyone used these? I'm concerned about how the units will "feel" and respond... I know FSR is a reputable company, but have never dealt with Kramer gear.

K

E. Lee Dickinson

• http://www.leedickinson.com
Re: switching it up
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:39:57 PM »

Kellen, we have had no problems with our Kramer switchers. Don't have that model, but have been pleased with the others as  a budget alternative to Extron or Analog Way.
E. Lee Dickinson
Advanced Visual Production Inc.
sound - lighting - video - design
www.avpric.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.