ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: New Behringer digital mixer, the X32  (Read 114280 times)

Brian Gowing

Re: New Behringer digital mixer, the X32
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »

Quote:

I suppose then you might also say that the Jensen transformer in my Radial JDI's are useless and Behringer's passive DI sounds just as good.

That's because Behringer's uses Ginseng transformers!  Laughing

I keep trying to tell that to the churches I support. You can't compare equipment unless you've worked with them and know what you're trying to compare. While the Behringer "vaporware" page sounds interesting, I suspect it's going to be like everything else Behringer. It may work and look pretty but it wouldn't stand up to a side-by-side comparison to the quality brands.
Technical Consultant
Christian & Missionary Alliance

John H. O'Brien

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »

Steve Tarak wrote on Sun, 21 November 2010 21:35

"The X32 represents BEHRINGER's domination strategy in the digital mixing tournament of champions and we're confident that a checkmate isn't far behind."

I've owned Behringer gear. It has failed me, sounds like shit, and is a disappointment and waste of my money. If the strategy now is to dominate the digital market, well, it's about time they made some changes. As for me, I am, and will continue to be a huge skeptic of this inexpensive and unreliable copycat brand. That is a checkmate from my side of the board and it will take a hell of a rematch to convince me otherwise.

Steve

+1
I'm here because I want to learn from YOU! There is so much to know, and I have a small brain. Don't hold it against me.

http://redguitarfreak.posterous.com/

Matthew Haber

• http://www.matthewhaber.com
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 01:02:51 PM »

I think that many would agree that Behringer makes a couple of decent products for the low-middle end market and a lot of crap. I think the ADA8000 is actually a pretty decent product and does way more than anything anywhere near it in price. Sure it doesn't sound great and, while it is much more reliable than many Behringer products, it isn't the best in that regard but it is also less than 200 bucks. I will confess that I owned a Behringer MX3282a and, at the time, I thought it was decent. After about a year, I decided it would be more cost effective to buy an 01V96 than buy outboard for the Behringer. I would never go back and I don't think that anyone who has used a decent board would go back to a lousy one. Since then I have upgraded to a better Yamaha and no longer use any Behringer products. As a Behringer owner, I had no delusions that Behringer was anything but bottom tier gear, but I can sort of understand why someone who hasn't experienced a major equipment failure with Behringer gear and who hasn't been exposed to anything better could think it is as good.

Peter Etheredge

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »

TJ (Tom) Cornish wrote on Fri, 03 December 2010 08:36

Carlos Jorge wrote on Fri, 03 December 2010 06:19

My Church own a Behringer SL3242FX-PRO for 5 years and it´s working like the firts day. Behringer are not the most high quality products but they sound better that mackies and yamahas mixer. People who think that a very expensive mixer sounds better they are wrong.

Glad you're happy with it.

Generally speaking, people who haven't used a "very expensive mixer" are pretty much the only people who think that a "very expensive mixer" doesn't sound better/work better/do more than a "reasonably priced mixer".

It remains to be seen whether the new Behringer napkin idea ever gets turned into a product.  If it does, it may be the perfect upgrade for you.

+1

It's one thing to buy something Behringer and understand it's limitations.  Personally I've never had anything good happen with their mixers that I've encountered and I'd never own one myself, however, I do have a pair of ADA8000's to go with my 01v96 and they suit my needs great.  BUT I'm not going to go around claiming that they sound just as good as a $2000 unit - I use better consoles all the time and know that.  

I'm glad that you're happy with your boards.  Good for you.  However you're not going to make any friends by coming in here and spouting off uneducated stuff like that.
Peter Etheredge
Systems Engineer and Designer
Top-Notch Productions, INC.
petheredge(at)tnprod.com

Carlos Jorge

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 01:53:12 PM »

"It's one thing to buy something Behringer and understand it's limitations. Personally I've never had anything good happen with their mixers that I've encountered and I'd never own one myself, however, I do have a pair of ADA8000's to go with my 01v96 and they suit my needs great. BUT I'm not going to go around claiming that they sound just as good as a $2000 unit - I use better consoles all the time and know that.

I'm glad that you're happy with your boards. Good for you. However you're not going to make any friends by coming in here and spouting off uneducated stuff like that."

Thank you for the message. You are very educated.

Ken Barlow

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 05:21:01 PM »

Carlos Jorge wrote on Fri, 03 December 2010 07:19

My Church own a Behringer SL3242FX-PRO for 5 years and it´s working like the firts day. Behringer are not the most high quality products but they sound better that mackies and yamahas mixer. People who think that a very expensive mixer sounds better they are wrong.

Holy crap! We wasted 7.5 grand on a LS9 when The Behringer SL3242FX-PRO could have done the job better! I have buyers remorse now! Mad  Embarassed  Evil or Very Mad
If it wasn't for the long hours and low pay, I would have gotten outta this business years ago.

Bob Charest

• http://www.bobcharestband.com
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 08:35:14 PM »

Carlos,

Education designations/assertions aside, mixers at certain price points reflect the time spent in design, the cost of better components, and a broader, more complete feature set. They last longer and give a better result during that time. I'm sure you would agree.

I've just placed an order for an LS9-32, and although for me (a small band-leader) the cost is significant, I would not have been able to overcome my personal experiences with Behringer products to move in their direction - even at a significantly lower price point... even if I could get the product now.

One more thing: I've learned more than I've contributed on this board though I've tried to contribute where it made sense. There are many here who know more than I ever will, and humility and a willingness to learn create a more receptive atmosphere than pronouncements of any kind... even if you really know your stuff. The BS filter here is set on high, and I'm really glad it is.

Give yourself a chance, there's much here to be had.

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »

Ken Barlow wrote on Fri, 03 December 2010 16:21

Carlos Jorge wrote on Fri, 03 December 2010 07:19

Holy crap! We wasted 7.5 grand on a LS9 when The Behringer SL3242FX-PRO could have done the job better! I have buyers remorse now! Mad  Embarassed  Evil or Very Mad

Hello Ken,

Yeah?  Well just wait until they come out with a line array ...you'll regret buying that expensive EV, JBL or d&B system... Laughing  Razz

Hammer

ps. "People who think that a very expensive mixer sounds better"......HAVE EARS!  (there, I fixed it for him) Laughing
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Steve Sagerson

• http://www.myspace.com/partypushersband
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2010, 09:36:40 AM »

I once bought a Behringer powered mixer for the practice room that lasted about 5 months before completely crapping out so I completely understand the attitude about Behringer.  That was the first and last Behringer product I ever bought.

I'm just posing a question here, but since Behringer does apparently have the ability to make an ok sounding mic pre (ADA8000) and they now own Midas, wouldn't they theoretically have the capability to design a properly functioning digital mixer if they really wanted to?  I'm mainly talking about the ability to create a properly functioning software.

Grant Conklin

• http://www.G-ForceProAudio.com
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2010, 10:01:48 AM »

Steve Sagerson wrote on Sat, 04 December 2010 08:36

I'm just posing a question here, but since Behringer does apparently have the ability to make an ok sounding mic pre (ADA8000) and they now own Midas, wouldn't they theoretically have the capability to design a properly functioning digital mixer if they really wanted to?  I'm mainly talking about the ability to create a properly functioning software.

Theoretically, yes.  That's why they need a mid priced brand to market it with.  Pro's justifiably don't trust Behringer, and probably never will.  

Grant
Dealer for Fulcrum-Acoustic, JTR, Yorkville, VTC, FBT, Xilica, Hosa, Gator Cases, and On Stage Stands.
www.G-ForceProAudio.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.