ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: New Behringer digital mixer, the X32  (Read 114266 times)

Brian Larson

Re: New Behringer digital mixer, the X32
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X32.aspx

I had never seen their website until now, even that's a ripoff from another company. (Apple)

A Thomas Lamb

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »

They are doing the snake via aes50 so that's a piece of Midas(Sony) technology. The question becomes what's the dependability of Chinese knockoff Midas parts? Maybe not a problem. What will be funny though is I wonder what the behringef cost of a aes50 snake that will have to meet the same specs as it's Midas counterpart will cost?
Thomas Lamb
A1 Orlando Production

Tony "T" Tissot

• http://www.4dbsound.com
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 08:42:41 PM »

Moby (Mike Diack) wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 16:16

Tony "T" Tissot wrote on Sun, 21 November 2010 09:08

Craig Walsh wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 09:54

Yeah, it might be easy to dismiss based on its nameplate

Yes it is.

I find it quite extraordinary how quickly folk are ready to condemn equipment sight unseen on the basis of brand alone. I dont own a lot of Behringer (a couple of ADA8ks and a DEQ2496) but it all works 100% perfectly. Most of my Yammy gear is fine, but a 1974 TX500 bike bought new warped heads faster than electric kool-aid so I'm not about to show unquestioning faith in that brand.
Let's wait and see.
M

I don't condemn their equipment.

I condemn the company.
MNGS
ProSoundWeb - Home of 50,000 audio professionals - and two or three curmudgeonly SOBs.

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »

+1
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Tim Padrick

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »

Bob Kenton wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 14:23

Would it be any different if the mixer had a "Designed by Midas" label on it?

For all we know, the Pro series were designed by Behringer  Twisted Evil

A Thomas Lamb

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 07:12:08 AM »

For all we know they might be putting a new paint job on a pro3!!
Thomas Lamb
A1 Orlando Production

Brad Weber

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »

Tony "T" Tissot wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 20:42

I don't condemn their equipment.

I condemn the company.

+2.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Bob Leonard

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 10:26:20 AM »

And when it fails who services this boat anchor. Gorton's of Glouchester? People who purchase expensive digital hardware usually have a larger and more demanding clientel, and failure is not usually an option. However, just like anything else, we'll see what happens.

And +3
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Phil Ouellette

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 11:39:26 AM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Sun, 21 November 2010 10:26

And when it fails who services this boat anchor. Gorton's of Glouchester? People who purchase expensive digital hardware usually have a larger and more demanding clientel, and failure is not usually an option. However, just like anything else, we'll see what happens.

And +3

Well that was before the Behringer X32.  I wonder how long before there is a digital powered PA head. Now every garage band can have a digital console.

index.php/fa/33877/0/
That's "newbiesque" to my friends.

Ken Barlow

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 02:22:01 PM »

This mixer confuses me a bit because I am not sure what market they are focusing on. The price point puts in the area of consoles such as 24 channel analog Allen & Heath, Mackie and Soundcraft options as well as the Presonus and Roland digitals. Targeting the digital console market for the average weekend warrior bands and local/small regional Sound Co's makes no sense to me as Yamaha, Roland and now Presonus has that pretty much wrapped up. A/V house's will most likely skip on this product because of the name on it. How many TT24's did Mackie sell before discontinuing that product? Lots of marketing and hype but didn't quite live up to expectations as I believe the X32 will do.
 Another question which will be answered soon will be how much the digital snake/add on expansion cards adds the cost. Also reliability comes into play as we all know about their track record. I will watching with some interest though as early adopters will eventually make their way to these forums for help with problems and will be promptly told ("you got what you paid for"). After all, this product will be manufactured in China as everything else with the Behringer name on it. I don't care if Midas or Aliens designed it.
 If this turns out to be a reliable and capable mixer, markets forces will drive the prices down for entry level digital consoles across the board which will be a good thing for end users with limited budgets wanting to get into the digital world and have more options.
 FWIW, I own a few analog Behringer products in a briefcase gig rack but I would never trust my show to one of their products should it fail. If a comp or gate goes south, It's not the end of the world. Putting all my eggs in the Behringer basket it too much of a leap of faith for me. I would bet most people will skip on this product and early adopters will have buyers remorse at some point.

My $0.02 plus tax and shipping
Ken
If it wasn't for the long hours and low pay, I would have gotten outta this business years ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.