ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: AES Observations and Comments - merged  (Read 10020 times)

Lee Brenkman

Re: Those gals down front
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »

[quote title=Michael 'Bink' Knowles wrote on Thu, 18 November 2010 13:24

There were a few vocal gals down front right who appeared to have a lot to say in pointed stage whispers, and were persuaded to approach the Q&A mic at least once. I think one might have been in the SF club scene as a booking agent.

-Bink[/quote]

One of those gals was Betty Cantor-Jackson who spent much of "our" decade, the 70s recording the Grateful Dead and associated offshoots like the New Riders of the Purple Sage and the Merl Saunders/Jerry Garcia Band on a couple of Nagras.

A Google search for the "Betty Boards" will turn up a lot of  THAT story.

That would explain her and her friend's particular interest in the Dead/John Meyer part of our presentation.

And as important as that was to "Bay Area Live Sound in the '70s" I wanted to let people hear "the rest of the story".

Hal and Mike would have been good contributors to that as would a couple of other people we had discussed.

But...

Your co chair Jonathan told me that one of the most difficult thing he faced in scheduling live sound people for the program  was "you guys are ALWAYS working!"

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
— Mark Twain

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Those gals down front
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.