ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL SR4719X with DSC 260 Processor ....DJ Tunez  (Read 15024 times)

Jim Schneider

Re: JBL SR4719X with DSC 260 Processor ....DJ Tunez
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 01:40:45 PM »

Nope Brendan...

You are correct...No 2ohm MONO Bridged Rating...

Todd Anisman

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »

Well, I can tell you from experience that 4 4719's aren't going to cover that are outdoors... I used 4 LA400's & 4 "W" 18" Bins (yes I fought the dead spots...) outdoors at the Burning Man festival to cover a similar area, and it was just enough.  So the advice about more cabs is spot on.  The 4719 is pretty easy to rent though.

Jim Schneider

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 06:17:26 PM »

Well, we borrowed 4 more 4719's to see if that would help and the low end was definitely there...then again, it was kinda expected when you double the cabs and power....we used 1-1 on 3 of the JBL MPX 1200's and it was night and day.  However, we are likely only going to do bands for the majority of work now.  The DJ thing just wasn't worth the hassle.  

sheldon harris

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 04:41:26 PM »

glad you finally got what you wanted.

you might want to invest in a speaker management processor in the future. one that can set hi pass for the subs and with different limiting features for "DJ work" (or get a dominator 2)

most of the labsters had it out of the gate that you needed more rig. i do know you are very lucky to have those mpx still working properly: they over heat, cycle in and out and drop op devices when loaded down that low with continuous sub-low content like dubstep .

The things we would do in the quest to attain the highest Levels of Sound! the Pressure that is!

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 08:35:39 PM »

Jim Schneider wrote on Wed, 08 December 2010 17:17

However, we are likely only going to do bands for the majority of work now.  The DJ thing just wasn't worth the hassle.

It can be if you understand the needs of modern DJs, and treat them like customers with money to spend.  And, as always, screen out the cheapskates, which is the case with every kind of customer, whether they play guitars or vinyl.

You can make money off DJs, but the statement below reads more like someone who has a sound "hobby" than a "business."  If that is the case, by all means, turn away gigs that you do not enjoy!
Jim Schneider wrote on Tue, 30 November 2010 18:20

I was told by a few people I needed more low end...the DJ was playing a lot of this Dubstep stuff amongst other names I never heard of or care,mainly cuz I am a live BAND guy.

Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 16 queries.