ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HD Live event web streaming  (Read 5717 times)

Clayton Luckie

HD Live event web streaming
« on: August 18, 2010, 04:34:14 PM »

Is anyone doing any HD web streaming of live events?  I'm looking into how to get that done.  I can't seem to find a good HD capture hardware solution that will work with a range of programs.  I'm looking at services like Ustream to handle the server side of things, but I can't find an HD capture unit that would work with a program like Ustream.  Both the Matrox and MOTU units say they are made to work with Final Cut/Premiere, and not made for live streaming.  I'm also looking at possibly using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder.  Basically I want a hardware capture solution that would work with a range of software.

For signal, I'd want to be able to take in YPbPr, RGBHV, or HD-SDI, as well as SD formats.  The concept is that I would take a feed from a single camera or from a truck and stream that.  No switching is needed on my end.  720p would be fine.  Mac or PC, but preferably PC.

I'd love to be able to find a solution that would work with a laptop (firewire, usb, or ExpressCard), but a desktop solution would be okay too.  I'd love to keep the hardware in the sub-$5000 range, although the HD Tricasters look nice ($20k+)

It seems like there are a few hundred ways to ingest and stream live SD video, but very few for HD.  

Thanks

cl

Ken Freeman

Re: HD Live event web streaming
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 05:14:39 PM »

HD Tricasters look nice ($20k+) and they work.  Just used them in conjunction with a CDN.  Think if you need to own this because you are doing it every day, or just rent it once in a while.

Ken

Brian K Tennyson, CTS-D

• http://www.visitec.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »

HaiVision's Makito ingest HD video and streams a standard H.264 stream that can be read by about anything. HD-SDI or DVI-I/Component versions available. Run you about 9k.

You can get single card frames, 1U 6 card frames or 4U 21 card frames. There is also a decoder now available.

Disclaimer: I am a HaiVision rep and don't typically post about products that sell. But I did this time. Let me know if that is a problem for you.
You can't get enough, but enough ain't the test.

Brian Kent Tennyson, CTS-D
Visitec
www.visitec.com

E. Lee Dickinson

• http://www.leedickinson.com
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:21:57 PM »

Ken Freeman wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 17:14

HD Tricasters look nice ($20k+) and they work.  Just used them in conjunction with a CDN.  Think if you need to own this because you are doing it every day, or just rent it once in a while.

Ken

+1. We got 'em, we use 'em. And we use them with u-stream who, awfully conveniently, has a video tutorial on their site for streaming with a tricaster instead of with their web ap.

We used to make a lot of money reselling streaming bandwidth.. not so much, with UStream in the world.

*Edit to add: We bought a used Video Toaster (our third one, having started back in the Amiga days) for $2,000.  Newtek offered us a $10,000 trade in value on it for the new HD Tricaster. Talk about ROI...
E. Lee Dickinson
Advanced Visual Production Inc.
sound - lighting - video - design
www.avpric.com

Jason Jacoby, CTS

• http://www.linkedin.com/in/jacobyaudio
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:00:37 AM »

Take a look at either Viewcast or Digital-Rapids.  Both offer hardware live streaming devices in your price range.  I've seen both in action and the results are excellent.

Glen Kelley

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »

http://www.telestream.net/wire-cast/overview.htm

There are Mac and PC versions available. You would need some way to get the video into your laptop (ie. Analog/Digital video -> Firewire). Some nice features, including screen capture via network with an add-in called Screencast, can support most common encoding formats.

Free demo with watermarked audio/video. It takes a while to figure out how the product works and how to create composite images, etc. but has some basic templates that work well enough.  

Haivision and V-brick both have appliances, but the HD versions are $$$$$.

Ooops. Misread this you are looking for ingest hardware not software. Sorry. It's still a cool product.  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.