ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chauvet Q-Spot 260 LED  (Read 17452 times)

Greg Adams

Re: Chauvet Q-Spot 260 LED
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »

Cameron Williamson wrote on Mon, 03 January 2011 18:03

Just wanted to give a founded opinion on these fixtures. I love them. Kinda bulky for a mobile dj like myself, but, still smaller the a mac250/accuspot/design spot. And seriously bright. I am a very satisfied customer. I've only had these four three months so I can't comment on longevity, but I haven't had a single issue from any of the four I purchased. My only complaint and this is minor, the cooling fans (there are two) run constantly at high speed whether the led is on or not. I'm hoping this isn't a problem down the line. A dead fan could easily become a dead fixture, but at this point I haven't seen any other issues. Way less power consumption. (I was able to run all four lights, speakers and decks on one outlet!) Low heat, low weight and decent price point. I'm a believer, here's a video review I did along with some test footage. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpPQj_rekWA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBBzoMTr8S4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haDF_NjUkvo

Laughing I like the misdirection at the 25sec mark on the last vid.
I really like the tri phase as well,just wish they were a little brighter.

Cameron Williamson

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »

Just a little clever editing there Cool If anyone comes across a flight (ATA style) case, please let me know. There aren't a lot of storage options for this fixture yet.

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 09:36:03 PM »

Cameron Williamson wrote on Tue, 04 January 2011 10:05

Just a little clever editing there Cool If anyone comes across a flight (ATA style) case, please let me know. There aren't a lot of storage options for this fixture yet.

This EWI K10 pull-over case is very close to the right dimensions for the Q-Spot 260 LED.  I am going to buy one and try it out.  It might need a tiny bit more foam to make the fixtures fit snugly, but would definitely keep them from getting banged up.

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Cases/Speaker_Cases/QSC-K1 0/QSC-K10_cutsheet.shtml
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

Cameron Williamson

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 08:08:52 AM »

Those look really good.  Very Happy

Zach Zaba

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »

So I see that both the 160 and 260 have a rotating gobo function. Can these be used for colors as well...I wanted to have a "spiral" looking effect when using colors as well.

Zach Zaba

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »

Should have attached this before but...

Is the only difference between the Q-spot 160 & 260 the power of the LED? Honestly I think the smaller 160's would be what I was looking for (smaller to midsized venues) but for just a few hundred more it is tempting to go all the way to the 260!

Unfortunately I have to get cases too

Cameron Williamson

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 09:47:40 PM »

@zach

The color and gobo wheels are separate so you can stack any color over any gobo. I hope that answers your first question. I'm not sure I completely understand the effect you're going for.

As far as the differences between the 160 and 260, the 160 is lighter and smaller so it is easier to move around. But the output looks about like a 100 watt standard bulb(maybe 120 being generous) . That's pretty dim for most uses. I went with the 260 because it is much easier to dim a fixture than be stuck with one that won't get any brighter. The guts are pretty similar between to two but the extra wattage is worth the cash, unless you just want to light your basement. In short if your budget can handle it, buy the 260.

Hope that helps.
Cameron

Zach Zaba

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 02:44:33 PM »

The effect at the 45 second mark of this video is what I was thinking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLk9UJ_hz0

I think it would only work with Gobos on this model but it'd sure be cool if it worked on solid colors as well.

Jason Boyles

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »

For what it's worth, I have a pair of the Q-Spot 160 led movers and I really like them alot.  They are primarily used on small stages and cut through just fine.  They cut through 8 Irradiant par 56 (1 watt led cans) and 4 Chauvet Par 200b cans with no problem.  The attached pic is from an iphone so it's not very good but you can sort of get the idea.  

Hope this helps.

index.php/fa/34674/0/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.