ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 Review  (Read 40762 times)

Dick Rees

Re: Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 Review
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 03:49:18 PM »

George Friedman-Jimenez wrote on Fri, 05 November 2010 01:41

Dick Rees wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 14:05

David Oh wrote on Wed, 03 November 2010 01:38

Hi,

we have 3 pastors who rotate preaching.....

- David

This is why wireless mics work so well.  When they rotate, they won't wrap the cord around themselves. Rolling Eyes

Dick, your concrete humor had me rolling on the floor! Next you are going to start with the whirling dervish jokes.

Very happy to be of service!!!
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Rick Byers

• http://www.lost-dogs.info
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 10:02:56 AM »

Don McMeckan wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 02:30

I bought 2 Behringer stereo "tube" mic pres, and with 2 ADA 8000 had a full 32 mic channels. Worked great! I think I paid about Can $125 each new for the 2 channel pres.

I just put toms through them via balanced jack adaptors, and there's plenty of gain to handle that with no extra mic pres required.

Don McMeckan

• http://no
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 09:50:04 PM »

Rick Byers wrote on Fri, 12 November 2010 15:02

Don McMeckan wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 02:30

I bought 2 Behringer stereo "tube" mic pres, and with 2 ADA 8000 had a full 32 mic channels. Worked great! I think I paid about Can $125 each new for the 2 channel pres.

I just put toms through them via balanced jack adaptors, and there's plenty of gain to handle that with no extra mic pres required.

Great tip Rick! Wireless mics, acoustic guitar direct ( mixing on stage ), and I've even used a 58 straight in for announcements in an emergency.

Thanks,    Don

brian maddox

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 01:19:21 AM »

Dick Rees wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 10:11

David Oh wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 02:13

The 01V96VCM has 16 analog input channels. Maybe you're thinking about a different mixer.;

.....with the ability to add 16 more with the proper input card and outboard pre-amps.  You need to take a closer look at the board or the manual.  Added channels are accessed by simply selecting the second level of faders.  16 faders x 2 layers = 32 inputs.

actually [and i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm just adding info...  Smile] you can get more mic pre's going into that desk than you have inputs to run 'em.  i used 3 ada8000's and the 12 on board mic pre's to run 36 inputs on our church's monitor desk [4 went into 2 stereo inputs].  i ran 28 outputs as well feeding two aviom personal monitor systems and 3 remotely controlled wireless stereo iem's [using aux 1-6].  plus i still ran 2 of the onboard effects for reverbs.

the 01v/96 can be stretched far beyond what it's modest appearance might indicate.

brian maddox
'console stretcher'

brian maddox
brianm@fcfchurch.com
www.fcfchurch.com

'do not trifle with the affairs of dragons....
       ....  for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup'

Adam Kane

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 07:50:11 AM »

I don't think anyone is arguing the capabilities of the Yamaha, but what I think is attractive to some people about the Presonus is that it has 24 mic/line inputs right out of the box...without the need to carry around/hook up additional preamps. Sure you can get some sort of flight case to hold the Yamaha and a few ADA8000's, but now you have a larger and heavier case than what the Presonus would be in.

I've used this console a couple times. I miss having motorized faders and recallable head amps, but it wasn't enough to make me say, "What a piece of crap." It worked flawlessly thru the gigs, sounded good, and I was able to do just about everything it would do without cracking open the manual.

Jerry Burns

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 02:47:21 PM »

Hi Everyone, I just bought a Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 last week. I set it up in my pratice Room to get the feel for it. I'm not a digital guy at heart. So far I'm very happy with it. it's very user friendly and the lay out is great with the Fat channel. This board may not be for everyone but it looks like it will serve my needs well. I didn't buy it to use on every show. If it does not have any problems with the digital part I will use it a lot more than I planned, I really like it so far and the pre's sound great. The effects are fine and the comp's and gates all function well. I still have to figure out a lot of stuff but thats the fun of it. I have a regional sound company and do a lot of different types of work. I mix most of the shows myself and we don't get a lot of riders. So the name thing is not going to be a problem. My laptop took a dump, so I can't hook up the recording part yet. I still have a lot to learn and I take it slow but this looks pretty good for the money I spent. Well if someone has something to add jump on it. Thanks Jerry

Jerry Burns

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »

I forgot one thing about the Presonus, I need a case for it. I'm not quite sure what I want. I would like ideas about what others are useing and cost and shipping to California. Any input would be very helpful. Thanks Jerry

David Oh

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 09:02:50 PM »

I got my hard case for my StudioLive 24 @ northernsound.net.  They use a company called LM Engineering.  It's a custom case for the PreSonus mixer.  Got it with casters.  Good, high quality, sturdy case.

-Quelegal

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 12:57:40 PM »

L&M builds very good cases.  I appreciate one particular detail:  they de-burr all the extrusions and other bits that might lacerate your hands or fingers.

Not the cheapest by any means, but they pretty much build one grade of case: touring.
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

danfowler

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 10:13:37 PM »

You think those are cool, check mine out............

http://fatproduction.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=1051 3684

Mine are shock/vibration damping. Something to consider when putting a 30#
computer in a case.

later,
Dan 0;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 17 queries.