ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Vi6  (Read 2620 times)

John H. O'Brien

Soundcraft Vi6
« on: December 22, 2010, 03:39:31 AM »

Greetings Gents!

On tour in a couple of weeks, we're visiting a venue that has a Vi6 installed. I COULD patch in my M7 to their system, but that would totally be ridiculous given an opportunity like this. The old guy for the band I mix for is the HE there, so he'll be able to guide me through the actual gig as I need the help.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has used one and what their thoughts were on it? Any think I should look for/expect that the manual wont easily tell me about? It's an EAW line array system, the KF730's I believe, and the Vi6, so I'm pretty excited. Subs on an aux as well...

He's going to configure the board for me how I want it, so that'll be nice too.
I'm here because I want to learn from YOU! There is so much to know, and I have a small brain. Don't hold it against me.

http://redguitarfreak.posterous.com/

Dave Bigelow

Re: Soundcraft Vi6
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 06:49:46 AM »

You should enjoy it, the Vi6 is pretty easy to get a handle on and quite nice to work with.

Mike Dixon

• http://www.dbaudiovideo.com
Re: Soundcraft Vi6
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »

What a great opportunity.  I'd be excited, too.  The Vi6 is a really nice console and pretty easy to get around on.  If you have time you can download Virtual Vi from Soundcraft's website.  It will help you to get familiar with the console and you can configure your show yourself.
Mike Dixon
DB Productions
www.dbaudiovideo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.