ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xilica XP-8080 I/O rack panel  (Read 3708 times)

Davide_Bonetti

Xilica XP-8080 I/O rack panel
« on: October 17, 2010, 05:18:24 PM »

well I just bought a Xilica 8 in 8 out DSP and decided that the Phoenix connectors on the back are not much confortable to work with on the road, so I made my custom rack panel to go the easy way Smile

looks nice to me, uh?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2090739&id=1142796 703&l=95e2dc0b0a

please don't add me on facebook as we probably don't know each other overseas... this was just my easiest way to share the pictures. thank you.

David Haulman

Re: Xilica XP-8080 I/O rack panel
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »

Nice Job. How do you like the Xilica??

Jonathan Kok

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »

Very nice!  Good job with the shrinktube; working in installs, I run into a LOT of non-shrinked connections.  Very clean, very neat.  I do like the idea of having the little light on there to show you you've got power; wish I'd seen this before our wireless panels were built.  My only critique would be the use of punchdown on the ethernet; I've had so many problems with those coming loose, even with the little clamp thing closed tightly, that I've given up on them.  Only time I use them now is when the space is too shallow to fit the pass-through version.

Who punched the panel for you?

Davide_Bonetti

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:26 AM »

@ David... well I haven't used it yet, it will go for the first gig next friday...

@ Jonathan... I used the punchdown for the ethernet because I had the connector laying around at home... anyway it's not the first one I installed and never had problems... anyway, I could drop some hot wax with a candle on the punch holes and seal it forever...

the panel was not punched, rather drilled. I do the CAD drawing and my case maker has a CNC-3axis-drill (don't know how you call that Smile

Rick Stansby

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 11:32:36 AM »

David  Haulman wrote on Sun, 17 October 2010 16:28

Nice Job. How do you like the Xilica??

I'm not Davide, but I've been using an XP4080 for a month or so now.  I like it quite a bit.  I have been using the DLP 4080 for a long time, I am very happy with those units and we have used them on monitors for many national/international acts.  The XP has fewer buttons (one per input/output, instead of 2) this means that you always have a mute button, and you can hold down one of the menu buttons and press the mute button to select an input or output.  Because of this, it is a not quite as easy to use as the DLP, but tech support at Xilica promises me that the A/D, D/A and processing are the same.  
Rick

Davide_Bonetti

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »

if you go to the album on facebook now you can also see the finished rack...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.