ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas on Lab 12 MkII vs. Titanic 12 MKIII with Lab 12 folded cabinet...  (Read 10396 times)

Silas Pradetto

Re: Ideas on Lab 12 MkII vs. Titanic 12 MKIII with Lab 12 folded cabinet...
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 03:31:35 PM »

Jeff Robinson wrote on Mon, 15 November 2010 13:29

Jason Voyles wrote on Fri, 15 October 2010 15:52

I am in the process of epoxying together the first of 4 lab 12's. I was pricing out and about to order the subwoofers when I saw something interesting.

I wanted to get a take on the “lab 12 MKII” vs. the Dayton “Titanic MKIII” subwoofers. They look somewhat equivalent, and I should be able to squeeze them into the cabinet. The Titanic looks like it would give you a lower frequency response, but I am not sure about the spec's. I think it would put some ware on the driver in a lab12 cabinet, limiting how much you could push it.

Could someone a bit more knowledgeable take a look and comment accordingly? (both are on parts express website)

Thanks..

Jason

If you want a drop-in alternate, look at the Quattro QT305-4.

The Titanic's Qms is too low. Per Tom Danley you need for the Qms to be >9. The Vas and Qes are pretty close. Xmax is respectable at 10MM. About $40 less, stamped frame and lower power handling are the trade offs for the lower cost.

HTH

Jeff Robinson

That driver is discontinued.

The whole "Let's build a giant horn sub for max performance then cripple it's output with a $60 driver" just kind of defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?

PS-there is a driver better than the LAB12 but I can't tell you what it is.

Duane Silveira

Re: Ideas on Lab 12 MkII vs. Titanic 12 MKIII with Lab 12 folded cabinet...
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 01:24:24 AM »

Silas...If you told us you would have to kill us??
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.