Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Pro AV FUD Forum Archive

cheap 12-4 speaker wire

(1/2) > >>

Adam Akers:
I am looking to build a bunch of my own 4 conductor speaker wire, and am looking for a place to purchase 500' - 1000' of 12-4 sjo type wire,  I would be happy with 13-4 as well.  do any of you have any places that a guy can get wire cheap under $1/ft

Thanks in advance

Jason Lavoie:
ok. let's start with "what country are you in?"
then narrow it down a bit more..
do you prefer to buy online? shipping on 12/4 is expensive, so local suppliers are key in this case..

Jason

Tim Padrick:
If you can't find a good price locally, try Cameltraders.com

Or get ready-made cables from Audiopile.net

Brad Weber:
Adam Akers wrote on Fri, 08 October 2010 01:23
I am looking to build a bunch of my own 4 conductor speaker wire, and am looking for a place to purchase 500' - 1000' of 12-4 sjo type wire,  I would be happy with 13-4 as well.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between four conductors and two twisted pairs.

Silas Pradetto:
Brad Weber wrote on Sat, 27 November 2010 12:01
Adam Akers wrote on Fri, 08 October 2010 01:23
I am looking to build a bunch of my own 4 conductor speaker wire, and am looking for a place to purchase 500' - 1000' of 12-4 sjo type wire,  I would be happy with 13-4 as well.

Keep in mind that there is a difference between four conductors and two twisted pairs.

For high-ish voltage speaker lines, twisted pair really isn't going to matter. I find ordinary 4-conductor cord works fine.

If 2-pair 12 gauge wire were to be used, it would be the fattest stuff you'd ever seen, with a ton of wadding in there to keep it round. It would be quite awkward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version