ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EV T18 What driver should i replace them with?  (Read 6653 times)

Ian Appleby

EV T18 What driver should i replace them with?
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:54:28 PM »

They come with the DL18. 400W. RMS
I know the MTL-1 Run with two EVX-180B. The boxes are very close in
design. I was told by a friend who bought selenium 1100 and put them in his EV Eliminator subs, to try the Selenium 800. Any thoughts. I bought the cabs for $80 Bucks for the pair. It was a good deal. I plan on using them underneath EV ZX3. Amp will be an
EV CP4000 or a XTI 4000.

Any thoughts

Thanks Ian

Paul O'Brien

Re: EV T18 What driver should i replace them with?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 11:04:50 PM »

T18's aren't subs.. you bought expensive firewood. You're going about this all backwords, first decide what you want from a subwoofer and then buy or build the design that best delivers it using the recommended driver for said design.
Paul O

Tim Weaver

• http://www.weaverimaging.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:25:57 PM »

Exactly. My gubment job had 6 of those horrible beasts in inventory. No matter how nicely you treated them they still blew up on a monthly basis.

I ended up building standard front loaded, ported cabinets for the drivers and they were quite decent. The homebuilt boxes were roughly the same size, but offered more bandwidth about double the power handling. AFAIK, they haven't blown the DL18's up yet.

The funny thing is, that since its a gubment facility we had to keep the T18 cabinets and inventory them every year! Even though there was no driver in them! Laughing

Ian Appleby

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »

I'm Glad i bought these, because I've been researching subs and i think after i finish these i will make two of them. It will be a good test run before trying out to make the LAB Sub. I stripped the carpet of it with a heat gun. Gonna coat them and load it with a selenium 800. Will see how it goes. Or i could just use it as fire wood..!!!   index.php/fa/32434/0/

Dan Maki

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 02:08:33 PM »

How did it turn out?

I've got 4 x T18's with the DL18MT.  They've served me well, but I am interested in either new drivers OR building new cabinets for the stock drivers.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 15 queries.