ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your WRONG DOUG!!  (Read 9158 times)

Bob Leonard

Re: Your WRONG DOUG!!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 07:25:32 AM »

Kristian Johnsen wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 06:11

Bob Leonard wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 05:25

I watched a hole being Doug the other day.

Hey, it beats watching Doug being a hole!

Kristian,
My response was an attempt, regardless of how poorly written, to swerve the thread. It was not a remark to be used at the expense of any person in particular.

I have not been very active over the past year for a number of reasons. Control of the site NOT being one of them.

I will say for all to hear that Doug and Tim have both treated me with respect in the past, both have been a pleasure to converse with, and both have passed knowledge to me for which I am grateful. I have not seen, and doubt I will ever see, a reason to berate, belittle or relegate either to the position of web site whipping boy.

Tim's posts have historically been controversial, but seldom have they been far off base to say the least. Doug, on the other hand and as a moderator may or may not secretly agree, and we will never know. However, his position as a moderator does not allow him to voice that opinion openly. His thankless job is adhere to the sites guidelines as dictated to him by a higher authority. There is no grey area here, and integrity of the site has been placed in his trust.

With that statement in mind I suggest Doug lock this thread as well, as at this point it serves no practical use what so ever. And then I suggest that Tim and Doug PM each other, call the truce (if even needed), and agree to disagree within the guidelines Doug is required to follow knowing neither has a choice in their role.
The roar of the grease paint, the smell of the crowd.

Kristian Johnsen

• http://www.partyfabrikken.no
Re: Your WRONG DOUG!!
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 10:16:42 AM »

Bob Leonard wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 13:25

Kristian Johnsen wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 06:11

Bob Leonard wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 05:25

I watched a hole being Doug the other day.

Hey, it beats watching Doug being a hole!

Kristian,
My response was an attempt, regardless of how poorly written, to swerve the thread. It was not a remark to be used at the expense of any person in particular.

I have not been very active over the past year for a number of reasons. Control of the site NOT being one of them.

I will say for all to hear that Doug and Tim have both treated me with respect in the past, both have been a pleasure to converse with, and both have passed knowledge to me for which I am grateful. I have not seen, and doubt I will ever see, a reason to berate, belittle or relegate either to the position of web site whipping boy.

Tim's posts have historically been controversial, but seldom have they been far off base to say the least. Doug, on the other hand and as a moderator may or may not secretly agree, and we will never know. However, his position as a moderator does not allow him to voice that opinion openly. His thankless job is adhere to the sites guidelines as dictated to him by a higher authority. There is no grey area here, and integrity of the site has been placed in his trust.

With that statement in mind I suggest Doug lock this thread as well, as at this point it serves no practical use what so ever. And then I suggest that Tim and Doug PM each other, call the truce (if even needed), and agree to disagree within the guidelines Doug is required to follow knowing neither has a choice in their role.

Bob.

I agree with your sentiment, and just to be clear and on record:

I was merely playing with words here and the comment was not meant to be an attack on Mr. Fowler!

PS:  Good to see you back from time to time, Bob, you have brought us many good posts, some of which I unfortunately think will be off limits in the future due to the new rules:(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.