ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cerwin Vega TS-42 21" folded horn  (Read 6640 times)

William Linnel

Cerwin Vega TS-42 21" folded horn
« on: September 23, 2010, 11:44:09 PM »

I am looking to purchase 4 ts-42 but I have heard that these do not produce the bass wave promised. Is cerwin vega gone down hill.

Tim McCulloch

Re: Cerwin Vega TS-42 21" folded horn
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »

CV's folded horns have had a reputation for being "1-note wonders" for as long as I can remember (about 30 years in audio).  I have no idea, though, how this particular model will perform.

Woofer size isn't fully relevant, particularly with horns.  You may find that a 12" speaker works as well or better than a larger one, DEPENDING on the horn itself.
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

William Linnel

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:15:25 PM »

thanks for the reply. do you have any suggestions for a heavy hitting bass cab. do you know anything about bassmax cabs.

Ivan Beaver

Re: Cerwin Vega TS-42 21" folded horn-The questions
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »

Before you start looking at what cabinets are offered by different manufacturers, you might want to tell us what your budget is-what style music you plan on using playing through them (to give an idea of how low they need to go), what size audiences you are planning on covering, indoors or out.

As I have stated many times before BEFINE YOUR PARAMETERS/NEEDS before looking at what might be available.

You could buy something that is great for one style music but not yours, or you may fall in love with something you cannot afford, or you may buy something that works for your style music and is in your price range-but you don't have enough to cover the size audience you have.

There are all kinds of products out there at all kinds of price points and all different kinds of performance.  You need to find something that lines them all up.

For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

Paul O'Brien

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »

William Linnel wrote on Thu, 23 September 2010 23:44

Is cerwin vega gone down hill.

Many here will argue CV has never climbed said Hill so of course it could not possibly have gone down it since.  Laughing
Paul O

Duane Massey

• http://www.ozknozz.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 11:35:41 PM »

The original "Earthquake" boxes, when installed properly in a corner actually worked pretty well back in the 70's for DJ use. Of course, everything sounded better in polyester......
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.