ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL Editor Software  (Read 2335 times)

Zack Marshall

M7CL Editor Software
« on: September 14, 2010, 03:10:11 am »

Hi,

I tried to find a related thread to post in, but I couldn't find any to suit my questions.  Please excuse me for starting a new thread.

Couple of questions about the Yamaha M7CL V3 editor software:

I have loaded a show into the editor that I previously saved on an M7CL console.  The fact that it loaded in the V3 software, does that mean that the console was also running V3? (I will be using this same console again soon).  If not, if I edit my show in the V3 editor software and save it back to my USB stick will it load correctly on the console?

Also, on the night of creating and mixing with this show file, I only used one kick mic, however I generally try to fit in 2.  Is there a way to insert a channel in between channel 1 and 2 to become my 'Kick Out' channel?  I'd much rather something simple like that, rather than save ALL of my individual channel settings and painstakingly move every channel up the board by one channel.
Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Zack Marshall

Steve Bunting

• http://stevebunting.com/
Re: M7CL Editor Software
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:06:18 am »

If your show loaded into the V3 Editor, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was created on a V3 console, but rather that it was created on a V3 or earlier console. However, if you edit it offline and save with the V3 editor, it will be saved as a V3 file and will not load into an earlier console.

Note that the distinction between dot releases should also be considered; a V3.0.4 file should not load on a V3.0.3 console. The console files are backwards compatible, not forwards compatible.

I would ensure the firmware on the console is up-to-date, there should be no reason why it is not but if not, request that it is updated before the next use.

You can not easily insert a channel offline, but you can on the console. What I suggest is that you create the second kick channel on a spare channel offline, and then it takes seconds to use the 'Channel Move' function on the console to move it to the correct location. Note that every other channel will move up 1, including the soft patch settings. If you want to alter the hard patch to be 1-to-1, you will need to change the soft patch and head amp settings manually.

Zack Marshall

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:52:21 pm »

Awesome! That's exactly what I was after.

Thanks.

I assume the Channel Move function that you mentioned is in the 'Ch Job' menu?

Also, on another note, I want to set up a ducker on my guitar channels that's keyed to the 'kick in' channel but in the editor software the only options for Key Source are Mix 13 thru Mix 16 and a few other channels (sorry, I can't remember which ones). Is this only what the editor allows or does the console only allow the same list of Key sources? Basically, I want duckers on channels 13 and 14 (my guitars) that are keyed to ch. 1 (kick in). Can this be done on the console and/or in the editor software?

Thanks again.

Steve Bunting

• http://stevebunting.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 10:13:49 am »

Quote:

I assume the Channel Move function that you mentioned is in the 'Ch Job' menu?

Yep.

The Key Source function is the same on the console as the offline editor. Each channel is limited to blocks of 8 input channels and mixes 13-16. To do what you want, you need to make sure the 2 channels are in the same 8-channel block or use a mix (13-16) as a key source. If it were me, I would create a copy of the kick channel next to the guitar channel to be used solely as a key source.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 10:13:49 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.