ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone know of an RCF driver retailer in Canada? Maybe closer to Toronto?  (Read 2332 times)

Brian Fraser

Hi All,

I've been a lurker for a while, getting some very useful info off of this board, and I decided it was time to join.

A small job I've got needs a replacement 12" driver for an older Adamson wedge.  It's an 8 ohm 12" that looks like an RCF driver (i can't tell yet, I need to go back and get my prybar to get it out), but I can't seem to find any retailers at all up here in the great white north that sell drivers, let alone any RCF drivers.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

James Feenstra

• http://www.crewspace.com/James
Re: Anyone know of an RCF driver retailer in Canada? Maybe closer to Toronto?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 07:25:23 pm »

call adamson (1 905 982 0520)! they're only in port perry, so just down the road Wink

I'm sure they can point you in the right direction or might even have a driver sitting on their shelf
James Feenstra
Lighting, Audio and Special Effects Design

Ryan McLeod

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:52:21 am »

...and according to RCF's website, their Canadian Distributor isn't far away either... closer then Port Perry, but not searly as scenic  Very Happy

Sounds Distribution Inc
80 Fuller Road - Ajax, Ontario L1S-3R2
Tel 905-428-9062 - Fax 905-428-6510
e-mail: sdinfo@soundsdist.com

"What happens is fact, not truth. Thuth is what we think about what happens"
            -Robert McKee

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:58:29 am »

Last time I was at the Adamson facility 6-8 years ago, I could have sworn everything was made in-house. Boxes, grilles, drivers, baskets etc....
Take care,

Steve

Brian Fraser

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 02:04:33 am »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info!

I did know that Adamson's office is in Port Perry, but it's a bit far with the snow we've got right now so I was hoping for something closer, but if I have to, I will.  

To be honest, these wedges have been through so much that there are no markings left on them except for the adamson imprint, and I couldn't find anything that looks remotely like them on the web, I think they're that old.  It's useful to know that all their stuff is made in-house, maybe this driver in the cabinet has already been replaced with an RCF.  I'll give Adamson a call and see if I can get a replacement, or at the very least, a spec sheet.

Thanks guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.