ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scanning open Frequencies  (Read 2123 times)

Tim McMillian

Scanning open Frequencies
« on: August 26, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »

Hey all.

Just started at a new property and I would like to scan for open frequencies to safely use my Shure WL mic units. I know how to get on the website and search for clear freq's. But I wanted to do it myself with some hardware.

Suggestions on methods/hardware? Low to mid-price range. I may be able to rent/borrow.

Henry Cohen

Re: Scanning open Frequencies
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 05:20:13 PM »

Tim McMillian wrote on Thu, 26 August 2010 14:44

Hey all.

Just started at a new property and I would like to scan for open frequencies to safely use my Shure WL mic units. I know how to get on the website and search for clear freq's. But I wanted to do it myself with some hardware.

Suggestions on methods/hardware? Low to mid-price range. I may be able to rent/borrow.

There are lots of hardware options; it's really a question of budget and how fine a resolution you need to observe. In a pinch you can do a decent spectrum scan with a $99.00 scanner looking at DTV pilot tones and video carriers, and then scanning the entire bandsplit of your equipment for other wireless mics/coms/IEMs. If you need greater selectivity, accuracy and speed, prices can be as high as upper five digits.
Henry Cohen
Production Radio Rentals
----------------------------------
"Every new radio emitter since Marconi’s 2nd transmitter has caused interference to other systems!" - Michael Marcus, Oct '07
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.