ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9 Gain Structure  (Read 2399 times)

Lee Richard

LS9 Gain Structure
« on: August 24, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »

Hello all

I've been noticing a few things about the LS9 that I haven't noticed much on other digital boards, and analog consoles as well.

First, and maybe it's just a setting I've missed, but when nothing is cued, the master led's are at one level, and then when you cue the L/R master bus, the levels are lower.

Second, the levels are different when you push all the channels and lower the master, than when you run the channels much lower, and push the master to +5 on the fader.

Has anyone else notices this? I've never encountered this on analog boards, or a few other digital desks that aren't made by Yamaha.

It's not a problem, but just something I've noticed while using it.

Cheers
-Lee
"We do not claim to have achieved perfection, but we have a system, and it works." -Klaatu
Lee Richard
RCI
soundguy(at)gmail.com

Frederik Rosenkjær

• http://www.blackburst.dk
Re: LS9 Gain Structure
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »

Lee Richard wrote on Tue, 24 August 2010 23:34

Hello all

I've been noticing a few things about the LS9 that I haven't noticed much on other digital boards, and analog consoles as well.

First, and maybe it's just a setting I've missed, but when nothing is cued, the master led's are at one level, and then when you cue the L/R master bus, the levels are lower.

Second, the levels are different when you push all the channels and lower the master, than when you run the channels much lower, and push the master to +5 on the fader.

Has anyone else notices this? I've never encountered this on analog boards, or a few other digital desks that aren't made by Yamaha.

It's not a problem, but just something I've noticed while using it.

Cheers
-Lee

I'm not sure I understand your description completely but I'm thinking that it has to do with you looking at the master AFL (post fader) when not cueing and pre fader when cueing. Would that explain it?

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 12:11:58 AM »

I've never noticed that, but if you go into your monitoring/metering section make sure the meters are doing what you think they should be.

Rob Spence

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 12:31:54 AM »

When I got mine and had reset it I noticed the same thing. The meters were set pre fader or something like that.
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

E. Lee Dickinson

• http://www.leedickinson.com
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:14 AM »

Rob Spence wrote on Wed, 25 August 2010 00:31

When I got mine and had reset it I noticed the same thing. The meters were set pre fader or something like that.

Yeah.. you can change the metering point. In Rob's case, it was set Pre-EQ, which also put it pre-fader.
E. Lee Dickinson
Advanced Visual Production Inc.
sound - lighting - video - design
www.avpric.com

Nick Pires

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 09:23:02 AM »

Check your eq and dynamics sections for your masters and inputs. EQ has an "attenuation" function that could be set on the plus side. Also, make up gain could be turned up in the comp.
Nick Pires

"It takes a really good drummer to be better than no drummer at all".  -Mark Knopfler
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.