ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker Aiming Help  (Read 2991 times)

Joe Brugnoni

Re: Speaker Aiming Help
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »

While I agree it is not a DIY job, To add another element to Johns suggestion, how about this on the wall.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SS7914B/

They make them so you can angle the speakers downward. In a gym, I would find these so the bodies can absorb some of the sound.

EDit  Found them

http://www.greatmusicproductsonline.com/proddetail.asp?prod= AP-3322-BLK

You will need to look around and make sure they will handle the weight of you cabinets.

Put two on each side, make sure you read some inofrmation on how to propery use two cabinets with horns like yours and I think the are 60 x 90.
Be nice to everyone as you can learn something from anybody

Rob Spence

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 11:21:42 PM »

Bob Josjor wrote on Mon, 23 August 2010 16:31

Andy Peters wrote on Mon, 23 August 2010 14:00

Bob Josjor wrote on Mon, 23 August 2010 12:54

Unless the speaker has provisions for flying, this always means acquiring cabinets that do have such provisions.

There, fixed that for ya.

-a

Mostly true, that.  But it ain't gonna happen in this case, I can tell already.  Therefore, a little advice on how to do it as safely as possible.

There is no advice that can be given that will make it safe with those speakers.

Wrong speakers for the job!
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

Brad Weber

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 12:57:12 PM »

Matt Pea wrote on Mon, 23 August 2010 15:31

Awhile back, they purchased 4 Yamaha S115V cabinets and installed them above the front edge of the stage on the cat-walk, about 15 feet above the stage (where the old speakers were).

I don't know who "they" are but it sounds like they made a mistake and should take responsibility for it.  Try to avoid inheriting responsibility for their mistake, which is what is likely to happen if you try to 'make do' with what is there.

As far as aiming, that depends on the specifics of the situation such as the areas you are trying to cover (the audience), the areas you may be trying to not cover (the stage, reflective walls, balcony fronts, etc.), where the speakers are in relation to those and the pattern of the speakers.  You also want to consider horizontal as well as vertical aiming and may want to consider moving the speakers or even changing the quantity used.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.