ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bogen TAM-B to BSS PS-8810 Issue  (Read 2254 times)

Lee Douglas

Bogen TAM-B to BSS PS-8810 Issue
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:26:46 AM »

As the title suggests, I'm having problems getting a Bogen TAM-B to play nicely with a BSS PS-8810.  The processor runs a large rack of CT series amps.  I've got a music input, two hardwired mic inputs and an input from the TAM-B allowing paging access from the phone system.  The inputs are prioritized and the music and the hardwired mics work just as they should.  The output of the TAM-B runs through a 1:1 Crown transformer (unbalanced per the output of the TAM-B) and into the 8810.  The output of the TAM-B sounds fine on a butt set but through the 8810 it will duck as it should but the audio is really bad.  It will cut off the first part of the announcement and cut in and out and is basically unusable.  The only thing used on this input is the gate/duck for prioritization.  The gain on the input and outputs looks good on the meters in the software and doesn't reflect whats getting to the outputs.  What am I missing here?
My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot...

Rob Timmerman

Re: Bogen TAM-B to BSS PS-8810 Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 08:02:56 PM »

How's the gate set in your processing?

Hal Bissinger/COMSYSTEC

• http://www.comsystecusa.com
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:35:16 PM »

Have you tried connecting it to another, straight input (no gate or prioritization) just to see what happens? I also don't see the need for the transformer. The output is balanced but can be used unbalanced as well.

-Hal

Lee Douglas

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 02:44:56 AM »

Rob- The gate is disabled as are any dynamics and the first place I looked.

Hal- I went in today and moved it to a different channel which seemed to help somewhat.  Changing the attack time in the automix screen on that input helped even more.  I added the transformer based upon advice from Crown/BSS.  I don't think it did much either.  What I've got now is usable although it isn't great.  I think the TAM-B is distorting a bit.
My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.