ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless DMX Options  (Read 1633 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Wireless DMX Options
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:58:13 pm »

Anyone have any experience with any of these basic units?? Looking at the Chauvet D-Fi Plus or something similar.... trying to find a way to make a movable Control system for a mobile DJ booth.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Ray Cerwinski

Re: Wireless DMX Options
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:12:31 pm »

I currently use the Wireless Solution W-DMX units and they have been bulletproof. I use a combination of the standard and micro receivers and transmitters and can't say enough good things about them. The micro line is slightly more than the Chauvet stuff, but worth every dollar.
Ray Cerwinski

Fennelli Design Group
www.eventfx.com

Henry Cohen

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:44:12 pm »

I highly recommend the City Theatrical SHoW DMX system, especially if the production RF environment will be filled with other 2.4GHz devices.
Henry Cohen
Production Radio Rentals
----------------------------------
"Every new radio emitter since Marconi’s 2nd transmitter has caused interference to other systems!" - Michael Marcus, Oct '07

Dave Moldover

• http://www.dancejamproductions.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:23:00 pm »

I have 5 of the D-FIs. I use 4 in recieve mode at 4 light towers about 80' apart and one to transmit the signal. So far so good with about 60 hours of use. Saves a ton of cabling and replaces the signal splitter also. These are a part of a mobile setup and have been used in 4 different venues so far.
Dave Moldover
Dance Jam Productions Inc
www.dancejamproductions.com

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:45:10 am »

Henry Cohen wrote on Wed, 11 August 2010 11:44

I highly recommend the City Theatrical SHoW DMX system, especially if the production RF environment will be filled with other 2.4GHz devices.

This bar is in a 2000 person town in the middle of north dakota. Not much for wireless issues up here. Very Happy

Thanks for the info about the D-FI's.... I've been looking at them for my weekend band also to make setup more of a breeze at some of the street dances we do.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.