Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement FUD Forum Archive

Public Liability Insurance Freelance Guys

(1/2) > >>

steven barnes:
How many freelance guys carry public liability insurance?

I just got my renewal and was wondering if this was something a freelancer would normally carry. I current have a million policy that runs around $1700.00 a year and allows me to do certain install and permanent work, as well as shows.

Dick Rees:
I carry event liability insurance.  It costs me very little for the $2 million minimum it takes to work in the Parks and City of St Paul.  It is written for me alone and the premium is based on my gross business receipts.  If I have help, my premium is adjusted according to a formula based on their total hours of work.  

JonathanSmith:
I apologize for the revival of the dead thread. This just shows that the search function isn't the worst thing since the invention of the internet.

A company I'm interested in working with requires liability and workman's comp insurance. The insurance guys I've been talking to are having a difficult time classifying my business. One has me as Electrical Work - Standard Voltage. One has me as Electrical Work - Low Voltage. My usual insurance company (USAA) has no idea how to classify me and won't provide a quote.

What insurance companies are you folks using? How are you classified?

Dick Rees:
JonathanSmith wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 17:33
I apologize for the revival of the dead thread. This just shows that the search function isn't the worst thing since the invention of the internet.

A company I'm interested in working with requires liability and workman's comp insurance. The insurance guys I've been talking to are having a difficult time classifying my business. One has me as Electrical Work - Standard Voltage. One has me as Electrical Work - Low Voltage. My usual insurance company (USAA) has no idea how to classify me and won't provide a quote.

What insurance companies are you folks using? How are you classified?

??????
What will you be doing?

JonathanSmith:
Dick Rees wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 17:08

??????
What will you be doing?

Standard audio production work. Primarily corporate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version