ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elation iDMX7  (Read 2409 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Elation iDMX7
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »

Anyone run into one of these??

http://www.elationlighting.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumbe r=1637&MainId=1&Category=DMX%20Solutions

I'm looking to see if it will pass DMX signal through when not being used/in the off function. This is for a bar that has a mobile DJ booth and the nights they're having DJ's they want to be able to select between multiple scene's/chases. But the other nights where there are just touch tunes going they'd like to just set it on one chase sequence and go for the whole night without having to wheel the DJ booth out and take up table space.

Looking to see if anyone has used one yet.... Hoping to talk to Elation on Monday because apparently they don't respond to e-mails....
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Ray Cerwinski

Re: Elation iDMX7
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:24:16 PM »

I believe the DMX input is for recording purposes only. I'd suggest you take a look at one of the numerous DMX mergers out there.

http://www.elationlighting.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumbe r=1500&MainId=1&Category=DMX%20Solutions
Ray Cerwinski

Fennelli Design Group
www.eventfx.com

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:07:24 PM »

Thanks Ray, I was looking at that for an option. then it seems the iDMX7 won't do what I want in the first place either. Which is have multiple presets saved onto it for easy selection.

I'm trying to find something of the sort for this bar, but apparently this product doesn't exist which i find a slight bit odd.

The bar has 4 color strips, and a few DJ lights/scanners. I would like to be able to have some presets so durring the day they can select just the color strips to be on a color scroll/solid color and at night switch it to a "sound active" setting.

Anyone have something thats like a TV remote that does this?
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:25:01 AM »

Check out the "AR-32 System" by Elation. It's an architectural controller that should do exactly what you want. Instead of having two different controllers, you can use your existing controller to program shows and record them to the AR-32. Once this is done, you can use that same existing controller to trigger the shows you just recorded into the AR-32. It would basically be like a master/slave kind of thing.

It's recently been discontinued, but you can still find many places who stock them.

http://www.elationlighting.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumbe r=1386&MainId=1&Category=

There are many other solutions out there from Lightronics, Leprecon, Doug Fleenor, Interactive Technologies, or Alcorn McBride, just to name a few. But all of these come with a pretty hefty price tag!
Ray Cerwinski

Fennelli Design Group
www.eventfx.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.