ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I-Tech DSP question  (Read 765 times)

J. Stanton Steward

I-Tech DSP question
« on: July 28, 2010, 11:17:25 pm »

I'm setting up a delay stack which will be 250 feet from the main PA.  The delay stack is comprised of 2 SRX728 and 2 SRX725 powered by 2 IT6000's.  I'm running the 725's passive/full range.  I'm using the itechs' dsp for x-over, peq, limiter and input delays.  I'm daisy chaining the I-techs together so that I will only be feeding the delay stack with one input.  

I've set a 250 foot input delay on the I-tech which recieves the initial feed input.  Since I'm daisy chaining the i-techs together, does that delay transfer to the second amp or does the signal pass completely unaffected so that I would need to set a 250 foot delay on the second amp as well?

Everything I've read tells me the signal is passively passed through with no dsp on it, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not completely wrong or missing anything.

Thanks in advance.
J.
________
"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to." --- E. Presley

Tim McCulloch

Re: I-Tech DSP question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:19:44 pm »

J. Stanton Steward wrote on Wed, 28 July 2010 22:17

I'm setting up a delay stack which will be 250 feet from the main PA.  The delay stack is comprised of 2 SRX728 and 2 SRX725 powered by 2 IT6000's.  I'm running the 725's passive/full range.  I'm using the itechs' dsp for x-over, peq, limiter and input delays.  I'm daisy chaining the I-techs together so that I will only be feeding the delay stack with one input.  

I've set a 250 foot input delay on the I-tech which recieves the initial feed input.  Since I'm daisy chaining the i-techs together, does that delay transfer to the second amp or does the signal pass completely unaffected so that I would need to set a 250 foot delay on the second amp as well?

Everything I've read tells me the signal is passively passed through with no dsp on it, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not completely wrong or missing anything.

Thanks in advance.

The text in bold is correct.  No processed signal appears at the channel loop-through outputs.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

J. Stanton Steward

Re: I-Tech DSP question
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 11:28:48 pm »

Thanks, Tim.
J.
________
"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to." --- E. Presley
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 15 queries.