ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Streaming web audio with large telephone-in audience?  (Read 2930 times)

dav1d g00dley

Live Streaming web audio with large telephone-in audience?
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:29:38 PM »

I'm trying to find a solution to a live teleseminar/conferencing/blog issue.

I need to be able to broadcast, simultaneously, to an infinite number of online listeners, while also broadcasting to up to 7,000 call-in listeners (that is, that call a number and listen to the broadcast via telephone).  The telephone callers will not be conferenced in; it's just a one way transmission.

Online radio is easy.  Telephone is not.  The telephone venue is where I need help.

At this point I'm thinking the only way to do this is going to be to have a multitude of aux feeds going to a multitude of hosts.  But that get's expensive quickly.

The broadcast itself will be web-based.  Also in the mix is that outside guests may be Skyped in.

Anyone have any ideas?
Rocking, rolling - moving, grooving.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Live Streaming web audio with large telephone-in audience?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »

dav1d g00dley wrote on Thu, 12 August 2010 20:29

I'm trying to find a solution to a live teleseminar/conferencing/blog issue.

I need to be able to broadcast, simultaneously, to an infinite number of online listeners, while also broadcasting to up to 7,000 call-in listeners (that is, that call a number and listen to the broadcast via telephone).  The telephone callers will not be conferenced in; it's just a one way transmission.

Online radio is easy.  Telephone is not.  The telephone venue is where I need help.

At this point I'm thinking the only way to do this is going to be to have a multitude of aux feeds going to a multitude of hosts.  But that get's expensive quickly.

The broadcast itself will be web-based.  Also in the mix is that outside guests may be Skyped in.

Anyone have any ideas?

Telephone is even easier than a webcast. You just get a telephone hybrid, like a Telos One or a JK Innkeeper.

the telephone line connects to the hybrid, along with a phone. There is audio in and out from the hybrid that connects to your sound system. For best results feed the hybrid a mix minus. Call the conference from the phone, and when you have a connection, switch over to the hybrid, Done.

Mac

KeithBroughton

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 07:51:45 AM »

+1 on what Mac said.
I have done a number of shows where we send audio to a telephone hybrid and do not connect back to the sound system. Callers then are given the phone number and code to connect to the "conference" but can only listen. Put a comp on the audio to the hybrid as well.
Gentner is another brand of hybrid.
I don't care enough to be apathetic.....

dav1d g00dley

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »

Thanks Keith.  Do you know how many call-ins were possible?

Rocking, rolling - moving, grooving.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: telephone-in audience?
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »

dav1d g00dley wrote on Sun, 22 August 2010 18:32

Thanks Keith.  Do you know how many call-ins were possible

As many as the conference call is set up for. The listeners do not call into the hybrid directly, you all call into a conference call. They listen, your hybrid talks.

Mac
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.