ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose panaray  (Read 29698 times)

Michael Lewis

Re: Bose panaray
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »

Hi,

Any of you got the EQ settings for Bose 502A? Can other controllers besides the 502C be used? Can the 802C controller be used? What about using driverack? Thanks.

Jack Littleton

• http://www.jacklittleton.com
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »

I requested that info from Bose, but I got no response. I didn't try calling. If you do get those settings, please post! They make the settings for the MA12 available, so I don't know why the 502A would be "unavailable". I used Smaart to flatten the response of mine with a 31 band EQ and it sounds good. Still, it would be nice to have their actual settings.
A friend of mine attended the briefing on "The Roswell Incident" and I once changed clothes in Jackson Browne's bathroom.

Michael Lewis

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »

Yea.. I could find settings for 802, 302 and MA12 but not the 502.. Maybe it's their way to force people to buy the controller.. otherwise everyone will opt for using the DRPA instead. Do you do HPF and LPF settings? I believe it'll protect your speakers in the long run. What's your settings for EQ? I know that LPF should be about 16kHz but not sure about HPF.

Mikhail Fassakhov

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »

Heard the L1's and other "microarrays".
I will take RCF 310's over them any day or night, better sound quality, better low's and highs, cheaper, louder and looks way better!
I never get why people go all over by the overpriced horrible sounding bose stuff, I guess its all in their marketing department

Michael Lewis

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »

I got my 502As for free. Personally I went for K10s, I have two pairs of those. I'm just looking for a controller solution for my free 502As

Jack Littleton

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »

I don't see the comparison between a 2-way, powered speaker (the RCF which I've used many times) and the new line arrays being made by Bose, JBL, Community and many others. I like the 502A's (though they're an array and not a 'line array') because of the size and because they feature the midrange. Hopefully, the processor settings will turn up...
A friend of mine attended the briefing on "The Roswell Incident" and I once changed clothes in Jackson Browne's bathroom.

Michael Lewis

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 01:12:16 AM »

Jack Littleton wrote on Mon, 21 February 2011 10:24

I don't see the comparison between a 2-way, powered speaker (the RCF which I've used many times) and the new line arrays being made by Bose, JBL, Community and many others. I like the 502A's (though they're an array and not a 'line array') because of the size and because they feature the midrange. Hopefully, the processor settings will turn up...

Nice.. what applications do you use the 502A's for? How loud can it handle? thanks.

Jack Littleton

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »

The first time I used the Bose 502A's was at a clients request for a 35 piece show band that wanted something quieter for the dinner set, with less throw than the main PA. The entire audio crew snickered at the little speakers that were up on the truss -- until they were fired up. Everyone was amazed, looks were exchanged, and nobody said another word! Loud little speakers! For 15 pounds they have amazing output. They surprise people, for sure. I think they're also great for applications where sightlines are involved, but good output is still needed.

Mikhail Fassakhov

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »

they sure look different, but they are made to handle the same task- bringing sound to the smaller venues, being easy to carry and set up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.