ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Small powered speaker shootout  (Read 28907 times)

Phil Lewandowski

Re: Small powered speaker shootout
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 03:09:31 PM »

Pat Latimer wrote on Wed, 15 September 2010 13:59

Phil Lewandowski wrote on Wed, 15 September 2010 11:31

Reggie Kendrick wrote on Tue, 14 September 2010 10:42

I like the fact that the KW153s have a pole mount and are still somewhat manageable at 87 lbs.

Really, wow the KW153's have a pole mount?  I would be very interested how stable they are at 43" tall and 87lbs.

My U15's are right around 80lbs but are only 34" tall.  So the 153 adds 9" more.

I don't think the KW153 is pole mountable. I'm sure he's speaking of the KW152.

Pat

Hmm... Unless I am mistaken I believe Reggie mentioned that they didn't have the KW152's there?

But that is what I would honestly think is that the KW153's don't but of course the single 15" and single 12" would be pole mountable.

~Phil
"It is good to be Alive!"

L and L: Live Sound
landllivesound.com

Pat Latimer

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 03:49:04 PM »

After further review, the KW153 has a standard pole mount. The KW152 and the KW122 have the tilting pole mounts. I don't know that I would want a speaker that is 43" tall and weighs 87 lbs. mounted on a pole though. Shocked

Pat

"The most important of all sciences man can and must learn is the science of living so as to do the least evil and the greatest possible good".- Leo Tolstoy

Mike Palmer

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »

Caleb, have you tried the new Turbosound Milan M15?  They are quite good. Tons of output, great bottom end (down to 36HZ)

I used them on a small gig last weekend and was pretty impressed.
Michael Palmer
National Sales Manager
Allen & Heath USA
michael.palmer@ah-usa.com

Jason James

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 05:24:24 PM »

Yep the KW153's do have a pole mount, was surprised but glad to see. I'd think you'd want some heavy duty poles or large sub w/ pole to mount over. (not k-sub for example)

I'd like to hear the KW153 compared to a K10. I really like the sound of the K10, the crossover freq b/t the 10 and horn covers the vocal freq's well. My K10's just don't quite have enough get up and go to run with my LS800p's. (mostly vocal heavy music). I'd think the 153's would be a better match volume wise, sound as good b/c of the 3 way design, and look more impressive to the audience. I don't know how many times I've had bands say "dude you need to go back to the trailer and get some speakers instead of those little things" I always say, just wait until you hear it. Always get nothing but accolades after we're up and running. Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.