ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Recording Etiquette- Guest Hard Drives  (Read 3080 times)

TonyWilliams

• Nashville, TN
    • Blog
Live Recording Etiquette- Guest Hard Drives
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »

When recording live on a Protools rig or whatever device you use, do you always use your own hard drives? If a client wants you to use their drive, do you accept it? Not knowing if its a proven drive or not? I had a guest drive fail on me in the last 5 min. of a radio show multitrack last night. Thankfully we were running a backup recorder also. I like redundancy so things like this make me nervous. I think for now on I will be using my own hard drive and doing a transfer after the show.

Dana Sampson

• Quickbeam Systems Inc.
Re: Live Recording Etiquette- Guest Hard Drives
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »

When recording live on a Protools rig or whatever device you use, do you always use your own hard drives? If a client wants you to use their drive, do you accept it? Not knowing if its a proven drive or not? I had a guest drive fail on me in the last 5 min. of a radio show multitrack last night. Thankfully we were running a backup recorder also. I like redundancy so things like this make me nervous. I think for now on I will be using my own hard drive and doing a transfer after the show.
We usually record to our own drives, and immediately following the show, copy to the clients hard drive.  If a client wanted us to record to their drive, I'd probably just tell them that we are not responsible for drive failure.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Live Recording Etiquette- Guest Hard Drives
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.