ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Venue Video...... how would you do it?  (Read 6674 times)

Ryan McLeod

Venue Video...... how would you do it?
« on: March 11, 2011, 10:33:34 AM »

Again, this may not be the right place for this, but I'm sure a few of you might have some insight none-the-less.....
(Mods, if I've mis-stepped please advise.)

I work with a small 250 seat venue that is toying with the ideas of offering video recording and streaming services to clients... looking for a solution with 3-4 fixed cameras, some way to select/mix video live (either with an op in the room or remotely via PC) and record & stream a single Video &  Audio Feed.

Depending on final costs, we may incorporate LCD tv's in the venue from these devices as well.

The Roland/Edirol VR5 seems like a cool toy if we want to get fancy, but my general incling is towards some kind of "hi-def-survailence-cameras-over-a-network-managed-on-a-pc" and the idea of running Cameras with Cat6 with POE.... well, if you have any idea what I'm talking about then you likely get where i'm coming from  ;)

TonyWilliams

• Nashville, TN
    • Blog
Re: Venue Video...... how would you do it?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »

Again, this may not be the right place for this, but I'm sure a few of you might have some insight none-the-less.....

I work with a small 250 seat venue that is toying with the ideas of offering video recording and streaming services to clients... looking for a solution with 3-4 fixed cameras, some way to select/mix video live (either with an op in the room or remotely via PC) and record & stream a single Video &  Audio Feed.

Depending on final costs, we may incorporate LCD tv's in the venue from these devices as well.

The Roland/Edirol VR5 seems like a cool toy if we want to get fancy, but my general incling is towards some kind of "hi-def-survailence-cameras-over-a-network-managed-on-a-pc" and the idea of running Cameras with Cat6 with POE.... well, if you have any idea what I'm talking about then you likely get where i'm coming from  ;)

One cool thing that I have seen is netstream.com. It sounds like something that would be good for what you want on the streaming side. Plus apparently you can use a second computer to cut different cameras and insert graphics.

Glen Kelley

• El Paso, TX
    • The University of Texas at El Paso
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:20:14 PM »

Wirecast by Telestream is inexpensive and does a decent job, once you figure out how it works. There is a watermarked demo version that you can download.

You will want to spend some time researching cameras to use with the solution. Since it depends on computer hardware to ingest the video and audio, you need to make sure that the cameras or DA converters play nicely on the firewire or USB bus. Not sure if there is a list of cameras tested to work well or not.

http://www.telestream.net/wire-cast/overview.htm

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »

I'm not real clear on the application, are you talking about recording or streaming events for client's using the venue or recording or streaming other venue events to client's paying just for that service?  Either way, there may be multiple aspects to this.  One is determining the level of quality and production your potential clients expect or for which they will pay.  Another is the technology involved, for example network cameras are typically associated with a rather large latency so you can probably forget monitors in the space.  Finally, their would seem to be potential licensing and rights issues pertaining to recording and streaming.

Added: You might also want to consider something other than just multiple fixed cameras, nothing can beat a camera with an operator but having some remote controlled PTZF or 'robotic' cameras would offer a lot more flexibility and creativity for any production.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:46:00 AM by Brad Weber »

Tim Morin

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »

I would use a Newtech Tricaster, accomplishes everything you want to do including virtual sets and key, Most have around 6 inputs 4 audio ins and also allow to store playback video on the unit.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.