ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just wanted to say thanks...  (Read 1149 times)

Zack Slater

Just wanted to say thanks...
« on: June 23, 2010, 12:48:05 am »

to all of the LAB for all the advice over the last few months, but especially to Jason Dermer, Evan Kirkendall and Tom Manchester.

A few weeks ago, I was working at a 4 stage festival out her in New Jersey, known as the Jersey Shows "Get Heard Fest".  It's basically a day with 4 stages, 40 bands, and non stop music.  Last yeas was rather unpleasant.  The sound crews on the other stages barely knew how to wire a stage.  This year however, Jason Dermer and his crew, David, Joe, and Phil came in.  All of these guys were great to work with, my only regret is that I wish we all had more time to sit around and chat.  Jason's crew brought in their ADR Rig, with if I remember correctly, 3 Subs and 2 Tops per side.  The rig was pretty awesome sounding, it didn't even matter that they were in a gym.  The subs hit hard and the top had incredible volume for such a small box.  Oh, and the APB ProRack House was a killer board, so much is packed into that tiny console.

Also - I made the mistake of bringing a random, noisy Peavey graphic EQ, which ended up making my day miserable.  Jason saved my ass and let me borrow one of his DBX1231s.  It really was a big helpy, and I was serious when I said I'd come out to the Pony anytime and help out to repay you for that!  All in all Jason and his crew are great guys and a pleasure to work with.

Next up, on Sunday I went out to record an acoustic performance of All Time Low at Hot Topic in the Deptford Mall.  Tom Manchester arrived a little after I did and we loaded into the Hot Topic.  He brought a compact, yet powerful rig for the show.  The show was small, 8 channels.  We simply split all the channels to go into Tom's 01v96 and then into my protools rig.  It was a really simple, yet fun gig and it was pretty awesome to have all that gear in such a small place.  Anyways, it was a quick 5 song set.  It was great to work with and chat with Evan for a bit.  I also got to see Evan mix the real rock show that night at Festival Pier.  

So yeah, thanks to everyone in the LAB, Jason, Evan, Tom, David, Phil and Joe.  This website is an amazing source of information.  You guys were awesome and I really enjoyed working with all of you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.