ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley TH-118 review  (Read 35529 times)

Mike Pyle

Re: Danley TH-118 review
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 03:47:54 AM »

Rory Buszka wrote on Fri, 18 June 2010 18:21

Maybe it's time for Danley to up their prices before they risk becoming a gold-plated DJ brand like Bassmaxx. Electronic music doesn't provide the best basis for fidelity and musicality claims.

Fatuous drivel. I'd use the rolling eye emoticon on you but that also would be fatuous drivel.
Mike Pyle
Audiopyle Sound
707-315-6204
Dealer: Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, KV2, FBT, EAW, Danley, SLS, Turbosound, dBTech
 APB,A&H,Audix,Shure,Powersoft,RoadReady,K&M,Ultimate ,Global Truss,DENON,Chauvet,Elation...

Reggie Kendrick

• http://www.channelliveproductions.com
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »

Mike Pyle wrote on Mon, 21 June 2010 03:47

Rory Buszka wrote on Fri, 18 June 2010 18:21

Maybe it's time for Danley to up their prices before they risk becoming a gold-plated DJ brand like Bassmaxx. Electronic music doesn't provide the best basis for fidelity and musicality claims.

Fatuous drivel. I'd use the rolling eye emoticon on you but that also would be fatuous drivel.

+1

Rory Buszka

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 08:20:25 PM »

In fairness, the difference between Danley and Bassmaxx is that in the case of Bassmaxx, the damage is already done; they've pigeon-holed themselves as a DJ brand (top-tier, but still a DJ brand) right on their own website, with features like "DJs raving on Bassmaxx" and "Ultra Fest 2009". Danley isn't there yet; they at least seem to be doing well in the installed sound market, though their products could benefit from a cosmetic facelift, like custom-punched grilles. These things don't increase performance, but they do increase perceived value.

The only people who wouldn't benefit from a small price increase across the Danley product line are the people who are just barely able to afford Danley gear as things currently stand. Danley's existing customer base would benefit because the value of their investment just went up, and fewer people can play in their league. Prospective Danley customers would feel they're buying into a more exclusive club (closer to the level of the larger brands like EAW and JBL), and are buying a product that's of greater value. And, of course, Danley would benefit from an improved brand image (since fewer of the people who have no business owning gear of that level would actually end up owning and misusing it; witness the tragedy of the Peavey brand) and increased profit.
Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
(The Gearmonger)

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Michael Hedden Jr.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:37 PM »

Rory Buszka wrote on Tue, 22 June 2010 01:20

In fairness, the difference between Danley and Bassmaxx is that in the case of Bassmaxx, the damage is already done; they've pigeon-holed themselves as a DJ brand (top-tier, but still a DJ brand) right on their own website, with features like "DJs raving on Bassmaxx" and "Ultra Fest 2009". Danley isn't there yet; they at least seem to be doing well in the installed sound market, though their products could benefit from a cosmetic facelift, like custom-punched grilles. These things don't increase performance, but they do increase perceived value.

The only people who wouldn't benefit from a small price increase across the Danley product line are the people who are just barely able to afford Danley gear as things currently stand. Danley's existing customer base would benefit because the value of their investment just went up, and fewer people can play in their league. Prospective Danley customers would feel they're buying into a more exclusive club (closer to the level of the larger brands like EAW and JBL), and are buying a product that's of greater value. And, of course, Danley would benefit from an improved brand image (since fewer of the people who have no business owning gear of that level would actually end up owning and misusing it; witness the tragedy of the Peavey brand) and increased profit.

Rory,
Being the little guy's I am very aware of the things I see other folks do well and not so well.  We did bordered grills for a while and due to slow turn around time frames,where our supplier couldn't meet demand, we switched to the grilles we use now. I can't say we've had anyone complain about the switch but your point is well taken.  

Thanks,

Mike Hedden
Danley Sound Labs,Inc.

John Norris

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 12:41:34 AM »

Rory Buszka wrote on Mon, 21 June 2010 20:20

Peavey tragic? Infra dig, cornball, lowest common denominator marketing, sure, but they've done rather well.

Perhaps Bassmaxx has concluded that it is profitable to have its main target market to be the club/rave scene, just as Funktion One has done in Europe.

And perhaps Danley's site has Biblical quotes in order to be looked upon favorably by the large church install market.

Reggie Kendrick

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »

Rory Buszka wrote on Mon, 21 June 2010 20:20

This whole concept seems a little elitist to me but it's your opinion and I don't care... the price tag of this gear and others in its class is already far out of the price range of the many DJs I know.  Some of them don't look or care for this kind of sound quality but I do so I did.  Cool  

Now if your whole agenda was to climb aboard this review thread and hate on the fact that a DJ has a piece of top-notch gear he has no business owning, then shame on you... you get the rolling eye emoticon...    Rolling Eyes  

Danley's website already has plenty of church, coliseum, arena, stadium and theatre references to not be mistaken for GC quality stuff.  

If it makes you feel better:   http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a& hs=YvW&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=DJ+site% 3Awww.danleysoundlabs.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq= &gs_rfai=

Franz Francis

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »

+1 Reggie.... Mr. Rory Buszka's input to this thread places him in the category of those who will make the final decision on a piece of audio gear based on cosmetics, brand name and pricing. Not by fidelity.
There are so many consumers out there who seem to be brainwashed by the brand name.

Franz

Marjan Milosevic

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 01:26:09 PM »

Well if you try this way then is totally different game now Smile

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a& rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=DJ+site%3A+www.danl eysoundlabs.com&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&a mp;oq=&gs_rfai=

Reggie Kendrick

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »

Marjan Milosevic wrote on Wed, 23 June 2010 13:26

Well if you try this way then is totally different game now Smile

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&  rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=DJ+site%3A+www.danl  eysoundlabs.com&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&a mp;a mp;oq=&gs_rfai=

LoL... none of those sites are Danley websites.

Frederik Rosenkjær

• http://www.blackburst.dk
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »

Franz Francis wrote on Wed, 23 June 2010 15:39

+1 Reggie.... Mr. Rory Buszka's input to this thread places him in the category of those who will make the final decision on a piece of audio gear based on cosmetics, brand name and pricing. Not by fidelity.
There are so many consumers out there who seem to be brainwashed by the brand name.

Franz

While I generally agree with your sentiment I'm very glad it's DSL speakers that appeal to me and my needs and not so much BassMaxx's (too big for my purposes). I would hate to have to buy speakers called "BassMaxx"....sorry, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't matter. Not that I wouldn't buy them if they were perfect for me and I have no doubt from reading this forum that they make some very good speakers...but man, that name is just bad IMO.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.