Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting FUD Forum Archive

Elation Platnium 5R

<< < (4/4)

Adam Finlayson:
Interesting... I assume the MAC250s are not dimmed.  Are they old type MAC250s or modern Entours?

It seems that the 5Rs are brighter by a significant amount, and bearing in mind their comprehensive feature set and the fact they are cheaper than 250s, look like a real alternative to the mainstream manufacturers smaller moving heads.

I'll need to get a demo of them...

Thomas Bishop:
Adam Finlayson wrote on Tue, 22 February 2011 23:17
Interesting... I assume the MAC250s are not dimmed.  Are they old type MAC250s or modern Entours?

It seems that the 5Rs are brighter by a significant amount, and bearing in mind their comprehensive feature set and the fact they are cheaper than 250s, look like a real alternative to the mainstream manufacturers smaller moving heads.

I'll need to get a demo of them...

You are correct, the MAC250's are not dimmed, and there are low hours on these lamps.  They are the original MAC250's, not Plus, Krypton, or Entour.  I have used the newer versions and they are a bit brighter than the old style but still not nearly as bright as the PS5R.  When I get double booked and have to use the MAC250's by themselves it makes me really miss the PS5R.  I really can't wait to get rid of the MAC250's and plan on having at least 8 PS5R's this year.

Besides the fact that they're brighter, they're also smaller and lighter weight than the MAC250's.  I really noticed this on a gig a couple of weeks ago while climbing a ladder with the MAC250's...

Adam Finlayson:
I currently have Mac250 Entours/ washes etc in hire stock and sometimes I find myself wishing for something a bit brighter.  I'll need to check the 5R out.

Cheers
Adam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version